Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post (newbie) so I'll try to be as clear and to the point as possible!

First of all I've learned a lot about my car from this thread, it has been a great source of help for me!

Today I decided to replace my air filter and clean my throttle body on my 2006 gt 5spd :D because its running very rough when I have the A/C on. Idle bounces every 2/3 seconds. It's basically the same issue that was covered in some threads before.

When I'm removing the throttle body the gasket also pops out, I thought that was normal!

Now for the re-install the gasket won't fit, its now to big!!
I'm pretty sure I might need a new one and since I don't live in the US I have to order one!

Any idea why this happened (could it be because I sprayed it with CRC MAF cleaner to clen it?)

What can I do in the mean time to make it fit because I really need my car its a daily driver!

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
its on upside down or backwards..yes i know seems retarded but it could be the reason ive had a gasket looking too big and i flipped it and it fir perfect

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Coat it in some silicone and work it into the groove. At a spot where it seems like too much push it into the groove and pull on either side of where it is sticking out. This may seems confusing but its hard to expalin but easier to do. You want the silcone so you dont damage it on the grooves edges.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
When I was putting in the Supershaker I had to put in to Orings. Each end of the neck that went from the blower housing to the throttlebody needed an oring. Each one had almost an extra inch it seemed. I worked it in until there was the inch sticking out in a u. Then I justkept pushing the u into the groove while pulling on either side of it. By the time I got to the second one I had the procedure down and it was easy then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys for all your interest and replies!

Update:

I tried fitting it every way possible but didn't work. Also tried putting in the refrigerator for an hour but still it was too big.

What I did was I cut it and and it was actually only give or take 1 centimeter too big. It seemed a lot bigger before I cut it!

I guess I did a very good job with the cutting because it fitted like prefect, you couldn't even see where it was cut.

Now I barely drive the car I'm afraid it would leak dirty air into my intake!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually had to cut mine and then mold it back together with some gasket maker.
Yesterday a friend of mine told me to make a mold with gasket maker when I told him about the problem, but I thought it won't be such a good idea because of the way the gasket is positioned.

How did you mold it back together? Did you mold the two ends back together or did you make a remold of the gasket?

Before this I never heard of gasket maker:nogrinner

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just stop by your local Ford dealer and ask for part#
4R3Z-9E936-AA, the gasket is only $8.66 and you'll have
piece of mind.
or log on to http://www.fordparts.com/ and have it shipped to you from the
closest Ford dealer that has the part in stock.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just stop by your local Ford dealer and ask for part#
4R3Z-9E936-AA, the gasket is only $8.66 and you'll have
piece of mind.
or log on to Ford Parts | Buy Motorcraft & Genuine Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com and have it shipped to you from the
closest Ford dealer that has the part in stock.

^^^^^^ this is the best long term answer right here. I have re-used mine several times with no issues, but next time I'm at the Ford dealer I am going to pick up an extra.

Thanks a million for the part number. :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.