Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into purchasing a new 70mm throttle body and possilbly a 73mm mass air. Are these truely direct bolt ons on a basically stock v6? Bascially do i need a bigger opening on the upper intake or anything along those lines, or reprogramming of anything? And are these mods even worth it? Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
StangLx50 said:
I was looking into purchasing a new 70mm throttle body and possilbly a 73mm mass air. Are these truely direct bolt ons on a basically stock v6? Bascially do i need a bigger opening on the upper intake or anything along those lines, or reprogramming of anything? And are these mods even worth it? Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!
70mm is a bit to big, and you'll have to port match the intake with a dremel.

Unless you're going to change something fundamental, cams, powre adder, etc., a half-shafted 65 mm would be less work and would get you the same power (3-5 hp in near stock applications) & throttle response at a lower price.

They used to carry them at RPM-Mustangs.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what about the 73mm mass air, is that too big with everything else staying basically stock? I kinda figured about the port matching because someone is selling the throttle body/mass air/port matched intake all together. Ahhh screw it lets just supercharge it, anyone wanna loan me about $3500, i'll pay ya back when i get it, :winks

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
we make a 76.1mm mas air housing for your stock sensor, weve had ours on my car for a while without any problems and incrased Hp by 17RWHP. Had a dyno graph up here on it before...whered that post go?

Anywho, check out my site if you want www.svr-racing.com

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lcurle said:
we make a 76.1mm mas air housing for your stock sensor, weve had ours on my car for a while without any problems and incrased Hp by 17RWHP. Had a dyno graph up here on it before...whered that post go?

Anywho, check out my site if you want www.svr-racing.com
yeah, any way you can get more volume and smooth the flow up to the TB is a benefit. but if you increase the TB without increasing the flow to the plenum or through the vavles will cause dead air, and sometimes a loss of low end hp & tq.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.