Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
hello my car has recently starting to do weird idle problems like sometimes when i'm at a stop light its at 1,200 then at 1,000 rpm constantly, i check and clean the iac valve and also the throttle body. but i notice one think but i don't know if all mustangs are like that. on the throttle body the lever where you pull (when you give it gas) i barely tap it in (like if i wanted to close the butterfly so that no air could get in the engine) and it will adle at about 600 rpm but jumping up and down. i'm thinking maybe that part of the throttle body doesn't work. is there any way i could just replace that? i hope you guys could understand me since i'm really trying to figuer out how to explain it. i have my old throttle body and the one thats in the car is a bbk 70 mm one.

1990 mustang gt 5 sp

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I definately agree, I'd check out the TPS and replace if it has a problem.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
To check it, you'd attach a DVOM (digital voltmeter) and probe the black and green wires. Turn the key on (engine off) and slowly open the throttle while watching the voltage. If it does anything other than a smooth increase in voltage, it's faulty. If it goes erratic or drops to zero, it's faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.