Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of this guy on ebay named Jerry who bores out and polishes stock throttle bodies for about $70-$80. I checked him out and he's legit. I wondering if it would be worth the $80 to have that done with my set up, or if anyone here has ever had something similar done with theirs. Also, how would it, if at all, effect my fuel efficiency? I have an 2007 4.0 pony package with a CAI, headers, X pipe, GT takeoffs, and a SCT programmer with Bama tuning. I don't plan on ever getting a supercharger, turbo, or nitrous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
it really only becomes beneficial when you start getting into forced induction. you may get a bit better throttle response, but that'd be the extent of things with where you are now.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
You'd be wasting your money with your current set-up, the gains would be un-noticeable. If I changed anything it would be the K&N CAI, I'd replace it with a JLT:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You'd be wasting your money with your current set-up, the gains would be un-noticeable. If I changed anything it would be the K&N CAI, I'd replace it with a JLT:bigthumbsup
My thoughts exactly!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
My thoughts exactly!:bigthumbsup
That goes for me too...!!!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

These guys are right. ^ ^ ^ ^

Porting the throttle body is worthless unless you are flowing enough air to warrant needing a larger one. With your current mods and no plans of forced induction, you do not need a large one.

Go with the JLT and you will pick up 5-10hp depending upon what octane you are tuned for!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i agree with ditch the k&n, get a jlt or a c&l.

i put a 70mm bbk on mine and it made a nice improvement. had much more punch, changed the sound of the engine too. it ran great on the gas, idled good, but i had hanging rpm issues though so i took it off. i hope i can get that resolved cause i sure miss it. if not, i`ll get a ported zabtech someday. unless that guy is replacing parts after he ports it, its not done right.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

i put a 70mm bbk on mine and it made a nice improvement. had much more punch, changed the sound of the engine too. it ran great on the gas, idled good, but i had hanging rpm issues though so i took it off. i hope i can get that resolved cause i sure miss it. if not, i`ll get a ported zabtech someday. unless that guy is replacing parts after he ports it, its not done right.

This is very true!

The housing itself has its' inside diameter ported, but when that is done, a new blade/butterfly valve must be installed, so that it closes and seals the throttle completely.

·
Registered
704 Posts

I plan on getting a zabtech one some day also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts