Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on removing my throttle body (BBK) to try and smooth it out a bit in attempt to fix the illustrious high pitched whine they make, along with a few other chores while it's out of the way, and I have a few questions.

I know theres a sticky about fixing the whine, but I'm wondering if it's actually coming from the throttle body or not. I have a tubular style GT-40 intake, which I know are also known for whining, and that seems to be where the sound is coming from. Could that be the actual culprit, or does the rough throttle body cause the intake air to resonate in the intake manifold?

Also, when I unbolt everything is it neccesary, or recommended, to get a new gasket kit, or can I reuse the ones already on there?

Thanks guys!

R

·
0 Posts
you can reuse old gaskets if the are not torn or ripped

but for the price why risk a leak get new ones.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured, what is it, like 11 bucks for the whole set?! Just thinking about when I'll get to it, but most likely not until I got a set shipped anyway.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody have any experience with the BBK and tubular GT-40 whine? I'll let ya know how it turns out for me- just hoping smoothing the throttle body eliminates that annoying whine! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.