Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a new throttle body in my 97 mustang. any suggestions on a particular type that i should get? i was thinking maybe a Mustang GT throttle body but i also need to know what years will fit and any other details.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! I"m moving this to the V6 Talk section for you. First question... what mods do you have right now? Swapping throttle bodies on a stock V6 isn't going to do anything for you. If you don't have any mods now thing about gears first... just my .02.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mods yet. thinking about getting a K&N cold air intake, not sure what else to get that will be a good buy for the buck.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Welcome to AFM! I"m moving this to the V6 Talk section for you. First question... what mods do you have right now? Swapping throttle bodies on a stock V6 isn't going to do anything for you. If you don't have any mods now thing about gears first... just my .02.

:bigthumbsup
Nice to see you back around snakemaster.. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
39 Posts
Getting a throttle body of a gt might be to big. If its to big it might hurt your torque. Try going to websites like american muscle looking for throttle bodys. BBK is a great brand.

Personally i would get a cold air intake before a throttle body because its more bang for your buck! :yup:

R

·
0 Posts
A throttle body on a N/A V6 is a paper weight. End of story.

It does not give you power. It can only act as a restriction to power. You won't have that problem until you are pushing 400hp+ through forced induction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i agree with Redlyr! the only way that a TB would be beneficial is if you bore ovr the manifold, flow the intake ports and match them to the intake manifold. or go larger just to large it will spit gass out the exhaust and loose power. but that cost some money, but in doing so it will do way more than the TB would do. just adding a tb does not do anything if your engine can not breath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts