Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a good question, what do you guys think of a 75mm throttle body? Worth the money?? Here's the link to it on Ebay, looks fairly cheap from what i've seen as far as throttle bodies go..Throttle body

·
Registered
93 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
Here's a good question, what do you guys think of a 75mm throttle body? Worth the money?? Here's the link to it on Ebay, looks fairly cheap from what i've seen as far as throttle bodies go..Throttle body
75mm if your going to get a blower..
70mm if your not...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k... thanks, haha... You think that one would be a good one though? That same company has one for 70mm... for 10 bucks cheaper

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If you get a throttle body that's too big for your needsthen your throttle response will be spongy. You may also see some power loss compared to the proper size.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got that about the size... 70mm... but, does anyone know anything about that company that's sellin em, thats what im tryin to find out... would that be worth the money spent

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've seen this question several times about this company. More than likely because their products are inexpensive. As far as I can tell, they are primarily an ebay company other than that I haven't heard of anybody actually purchasing anything from them. Personally, I would go with something a little more reputable but still moderatly inexpensive. I have a BBK 75mm and am pleased with it. As stated above go 70mm N/A, 75mm FI.

If your looking for a plenum/TB combo, look up Brenspeed on ebay they have a C&l plenum and TB combo for ~320-330. The owner Brent is a good guy and will help you out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Save your money for an Accufab TB.

M

·
0 Posts
75 MM if u go F/I unless you get an aftermarket plenum. Most of them supposedly work best with 75MM according to dyno pulls and manufactures test.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Check out www.rpmoutlet.com I've bought from there several times in the past and always had a good experience and good prices from there. I would go ahead and pay a little more for a name brand TB like FRPP, Accufab or BBK.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Check out www.rpmoutlet.com I've bought from there several times in the past and always had a good experience and good prices from there. I would go ahead and pay a little more for a name brand TB like FRPP, Accufab or BBK.
My dad just bought a C&L/Accufab combo for around $300 from them. Great place to buy parts for cheap.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I've bought from them three or four times now for various and sundry things. The mufflers for the '03 and plenum for the '04 and a couple odds and ends as gifts for my dad and brother who also have 'Stangs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.