Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 70mm bbk throttle body in my 91. Was I supposed to get the spacer aswell because I didnt feel a single horse out of it.What am I missing?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was under the impression that a larger TB and spacer by themselves will give only small or zero gains on a stock 5.0, usually they compliment a better intake, heads etc. You should see benifits as you add other induction parts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah i dont believe a throttle body will help increase air flow in a stock 5.0, especially if you have a stock air intake. I purchased a cai for my 95 gt and got a couple hp. But i had other mods done also. I just purchased an edelbrock intake and it says to get the most benefit from the intake to purchase a 70mm throttle body.......

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I agree with whthorse86. If that's all youve done then you may not feel much if anything at all.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I have a 70mm BBK EGR spacer that I am not using. $23 shipped , PM me .

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont think you'll notice anything until you increase the MAF size. I had a 75mm and stock MAF and I didnt notice any change.
I had better "seat of my pants" acceleration feeling when I changed to 76mm C&L MAF and 65mm BBK throttle body... I say look into a bigger MAF also.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
He hasnt said whether or not he upgraded the EGR spacer. If you add a different throttle body and the EGR spacer isnt matching it will hurt your performance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GhostDog 5.0 said:
He hasnt said whether or not he upgraded the EGR spacer. If you add a different throttle body and the EGR spacer isnt matching it will hurt your performance.
oops. Didnt catch that. I guess I just assumed something like that wouldnt be overlooked.
Im not trying to insult anyone or anything cause I know I've messed up some pretty simple tasks myself :sterb: , but that one just seems pretty obvious... Like I said, no offense to anyone.

Anyway - yes like GhostDog says make sure the throttle body and EGR spacer are the same size.
ALSO - since you installed a new throttle body make sure you do the TPS sensor tweak!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tps sensor tweak? How do I do that? I just bought a new one cause my other one was faulty.And no I didnt change my egr spacer,mabey that is my biggest problem.Its still stock.But still looking into a new intake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for that info, i checked out that tps thread...nice:eyepoppin definitly going to check mine out this weekend cause I cant get pass the sniffer as of last year.I got to tweak my timing and turn up my idle to pass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.