Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today after work i go to start my car and when i turn it on it immediately revs up and doesnt stop. so i shut it off. double checked to make sure my foot was off the pedal and nothing was leaning agaisnt it. same thing happened when i started it. so myself and the other tech who left when i did looked under the hood.

long story short One of the cables attached to the throttle linkage was catching and keeping the throttle from closing all the way. neither of us know what this cable does. Obviously the other one is you accelerator cable. i disconnected the other one which was causing the problem and drove home. the car acted no differently.

my question is what is this cable there for, and what can i do to keep it from catching again? i feel like something is broken off where this mystery cable is catching, because the opening is very jagged.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Cruise Control maybe. That the only two cables that should hook the the Throttle body linkage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clean it up

Take it off, unless you actually use the cruise control it will not hurt anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.