Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I've owned a 1984 Mustang Gt turbo convertible for over 20 years...Been in storage for the last 14 years....needed some body work and such that I was not able to afford at the time.

OK, so here's the issues...

Ran like crud when I took it out (suprised it ran!!!, GOTTA LOVE A FORD!!!) Changed the fuel filter and got good gas in it...

Radiator fan not working..

codes I am getting are a code 12...no tach signal or spout open

41 EGO not switching Lean bank 1

51 no knock sensor signal

Forgot the code...cannot control rpm in high rpm test

these are KOER tests...

In KOEO...I get TP out of range..

So here's what I did....

Changed the O2 sensor...

change the sensor for the fan to operate..

checked the tp voltage it's .94V

TP voltage changes with throttle movement

NOW....still get the O2 code...why???

car runs great otherwise now...gonna run some techcron in the tank and see if it helps

My wiring is also a problem...insulation on the wires is crumbling off near the TFI module and near the EEC test plug....anyone make replacement plugs or anyone have a harness I can buy???

Trying to keep my dream of 1 of 412 alive..

Please help

E-mails are welcome as are phone calls..any help is appreciated and welcomed...been a long time since I have had to work on this car and look forward to meeting some of the crew one day

Thanks in advance

Don

e-mail: [email protected]

phone: 973-277-4294

--------------------
Owner of a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

·
Registered
91 Posts
nice talking to you... btw you need to post up pictures of your car...

·
Registered
57 Posts
forced4 motorsports should have the wire end and you might want to get your injecters flow tested and sonic cleaned.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My wiring is also a problem...insulation on the wires is crumbling off near the TFI module and near the EEC test plug....anyone make replacement plugs or anyone have a harness I can buy???
forced4 motorsports should have the wire end
We said this 2 days ago on your prior post....Forced4 has the TFI plug with wiring and the STO/STI plugs and wiring.

If your STO/STI wiring is that FUBAR, maybe the cade it's sending is bogus? Doubtful, but I have seen stranger stuff on these cars.

Code 12 is probably due to the TFI wiring, but there may be an issue with the PIP (Hall effect stator) as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my svo was parked for about 9 years before i got it and i had alot of the same problems getting it going.
everything seems to dry up gum up and seize up just go through it one thing at a time and you'll get it going right.
i feel it's important to get a good set of gages so you can monitor how its running while driving it helps with the guess work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.