Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 competition mach 1 last thursday. This is my first 4valve motor. Just last night the car started ticking on the pasenger side on the foward end under the valve cover. Not real loud but louder than the rest of the valve train noise. Just got a bad tank of fuel last time i filled up and put some 44k in it to help clear it up.It runs better but still has a miss every once in a while. The car has 54000 miles on it. I heard about the sparkplug could have came loose or injector noise.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
ticking is usually exaust related, check all conenctions and gaskets.

if you got a miss pull the plugs n clean them off and re gap them and put em back in to start

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Ticking can happen on these cars due to poor coolant circulation in cylinder 7 and 8 causing the valve guides to wear. but your problem in on the opposite side. I would think a header leak. Also pull your spark plugs and check them out since you have a miss here and there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ticking can happen on these cars due to poor coolant circulation in cylinder 7 and 8 causing the valve guides to wear. but your problem in on the opposite side. I would think a header leak. Also pull your spark plugs and check them out since you have a miss here and there.
I put new plugs and a fuel filter in it. The fuel filter had crap pouring out of the inlet side as dark as coffee.Since that it runs pretty good exept when running at low rpms and you give it gas it feels like a mis but that could be the nature of the ride since it is a high reving car. im so used to 5 liters that are low rpm and high torque. The ticking sounds like it is comming from the intake area. Its not a constant tick, it will tick a couple of times and stop and then do it again. It is real random, most of the time it doesnt do it at all especially since the new plugs and filter. I stethascoped it with a rod and the only thing that comes close to the sound is the injectors, but no sure thing. I had got some bad gas and i was woundering if it could the injectors hanging up cause of trash.thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.