Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In October I had an accident. There was suspension work done on my Stang. The Shop replaced my outer tie rod now 5 months later my inner tie rod and my wheel bearings have gone bad on the same side as the accident. Should the shop have replaced the inner and outer and for the most part anything that had to do with the suspension on that side? :headscratch:

·
Super Moderator
8,280 Posts
I would talk to the shop. You didnt say if insurance took care of the repair, but if iinsurance did cover repairs I would discuss this with them also.

The answer could go either direction. Parts not displaying damage are not usually replaced but you can argue the inner TR and bearings prematurely wore because they were damaged in the accident or an alignment was not performed after parts were replaced.

You have to ask some pointed questions, not accusations, to the repair shop and insurance agent.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah insurance did take care of it and the shop is going to look at it to determine if it was part of the accident. I really think it is due to the accident because. I havent hit any pot holes or anything else. I have talk to my insurance co as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.