Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has at least 150,000 hard-driven, big-city, bad road, miles on it, that I know of, and has already separated a ball-joint. I replaced it.
I checked my tie-rods, and they felt pretty loose. I'm definitely getting new outers, but what about the inners? Do they fail? I know they can get sloppy. Should I do inners? Or should I just wait till I have to replace the rack, due to power steering issues?
How do the inners attach to the rack?
Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
the inners just unscrew like a nut off the rack shaft....it will make sence when you see the new ones...i had mine go out around 150,000 miles too

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bro, I'll pick up some inners as well. Think I'm going to go with the TRWs, from advance/partsamerica. Probably not quite as good as napa, but, undoubtedly better than what autozone is peddling.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Watch real hard on the outer tie rods as only Motorcraft or an aftermarket bumpsteer kit will be needed for a 92 Mustang. 91 - 93s had a different design and Autozone and all the others places just give you the old style which if used will increase bumpsteer in your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.