Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen any magazine (or better - real world) numbers for time to speed combos? In particular, what would the following be:

0-100mph ?
0-100mph-0 ? Note: Here I'm assuming Brembos and P-Zeros.

I've seen 70-0 braking numbers, and 0-60mph in the mags. If 1/4mile stock is (taking real world numbers reported on AFM) about 12.5 sec. with trap speeds of 111 mph, what should 0-100mph take (10-10.5 sec?).

Has anybody done a data log (OBD scan) with numbers? Anybody used a G-Tech or DriftBox (or other?) for this?

Is there a time-to-speed or time-to-distance estimator which could use 1/4 times (and also 0-60) as reference data? I haven't found a tool like that...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've seen these. I'm wondering if anybody has "street" data too. My OBD real-time logging tests show me getting about 10.4 sec. 0-100, but I don't really trust it - never tried it before. I think a G-Tech would be more accurate?!?

R&T used to do 0-100-0 time testing, particularly for exotics and sports cars. My OBD software won't directly report that - but I could analyze it post data collection. Again, I wouldn't really trust my data unless I got a cross-check from someone else.

I found this post - but no hard numbers:

60-0 stopping distance measures are really nothing more than measures of how good the OEM tires are, since even the tiniest brakes won't start to fade from one 60-0 stop.

A 70-0 stop is a little better measure of brake fade-fighting powers, as the tiny brakes will start to peter out.

A 100-0 is a good test, as anything below average braking power will really start to show its weaknesses. If you look at charts, you can see that an Ariel Atom, one of the lightest, best-braked cars with the stickiest tires money can buy nowadays, has a stopping distance of 276.5ft from 100-0. That basically represents no brake fade stopping distances.

An average car stops from 100 in almost 550ft. This is twice the distance, representing not only a much greater mass to stop, but that the brakes are really beginning to fade towards the end. Also of note that an increase of 40mph results in a braking distance increase of over 400% for an average car (with a 110ft 60-0 distance average).

So in order to show the effectiveness of the Brembos over the stock brakes, I feel a 100-0 test is required. I think the Brembos will really shine there, and I predict more than a 10% improvement with identical tires.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Seems like it would be easy to beat the M3 in a test that long with nothing more than a tune.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I tried a 0-100 run and did it in 10.4 using a stopwatch, but could do better because I was watching the speedometer and not the tach and didn't shift to 4th soon enough..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm also interested in this as I will be racing in Forum Wars in Jan and there is a 0-100-0 event. I lack the brembo package :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, I'm curious also. I'd like to see the difference between Brembo's and regular brakes as well.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yes, I'm curious also. I'd like to see the difference between Brembo's and regular brakes as well.
I bet there won't be a difference in times unless you try to repeat this test while the brakes are hot.

The tires will play more of a role in this test than the brakes. Both systems will be able to brake hard enough to trigger the ABS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.