Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to give my car a tune up, so just a couple of questions... With my setup would it be worth getting an MSD coil, distibutor cap n' rotor, and wires?
Or should I just go ahead and stay with stock?

·
Registered
71 Posts
For now the stock system is fine. Work on getting a better intake, thottle body, and mass air meter.

·
Registered
842 Posts
For now the stock system is fine. Work on getting a better intake, thottle body, and mass air meter.
I agree with him, but MSD wouldnt hurt

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I went ahead and got the stock "stuff". I'm talking to my wife right now to see if we'll have enough money from income taxes for me to get the GT-40 intake. Will the stock ignition parts support my setup with the intake also?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Stock ignition will be fine until you get past 350-375 hp, or if you add boost or nitrous. The stock ignition is actually pretty good. The MSD would help the car run cleaner, smoother, and wouldn't drop the spark at high rpms like the stock system does though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since you have the sparking plugs out anyway, try the Bosch 4 ground platinums. I've used them in my vehicles for about ten years. In my experience, every engine idles and runs smoother when those 4 grounds are properly installed. From my Northstar Caddy to my '91 5.0, the improvement makes the $7/ plug price money well spent. It's like Mobil 1, once you start using them, they make a believer out of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.