Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know this is the 2011+ section and all but, I dont go anywhere else on this forum and like the guys here. Also, it will change up the answers from the repetitive CAI and exhaust thread. So, it is time to go V8
I guess it is time to step it up a notch (http://www.bridgewateracura.com/used...eae6bd1e19.htm )
In short. A 2004 Ford SVT Lightning. 380 BHP and 450 FT LBS... stock. It has aftermarket gauge pod and a aftermarket in take. I think it has a tune just on what I saw (not sure). It is an auto (sadly, only came in auto). The car looks perfect. Interior clean. Exterior not a scratch. 57280 miles. Only thing I see is a ripped bed cover (not a OEM ford but dry rot almost I think, but who cares). Now the sad part it is 19400. Clean car fax.

Uses, DRAG, throw some drag radials... monster ones on the back. Lawns, I use my dads truck as of now. But throw a trailer on the back this will be a pretty BA landscaping truck. And my dads DD. His commute is 1 mile... maybe. His aggravation in the morning is one stop light. Maybe some trips down the shore and to PA. Only problem I see is winter. Its a 2wd truck... I was thinking some blizzaks all around and weight in the back. I have barely driven in snow. My dad for 11 years refused to put his truck in 4wd (god only knows why hi didnt). It has been in 4wd maybe 5 times. All he did was load the back with snow.

We would trade his truck in. They said sight un seen anywhere from 7-9k. This is on the more expensive side as for Lightnings... But I think if we got it for 10k out the door it would be a FAIR deal...

Opinions?

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
If you have a 2011+ already...keep it and buy a beater truck for working. That truck is just starting to get old enough there could be problems regardless of miles...then you would want to upgrade that truck also. Stay with what you know. There's always a risk swapping vehicles and coming to find out the quirks or problems it has and then having to repair it. From there, you hope you have a handle on what to keep an eye on service life-wise on certain parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts