Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into purchasing an aftermarket intake manifold for my 2006 GT with a procharger installed. I have been looking at the ford racing one. Just curious to know what others like and dislike. So how about it, what is the best intake manifold out there for my supercharged GT?

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Don’t spend the money. There are guys making 650+hp with the stock manifold and a Procharger/Vortech.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reasoning is because I believe I am having problems with my imrc's and I want to just get rid of them all together anyways.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am looking into purchasing an aftermarket intake manifold for my 2006 GT with a procharger installed. I have been looking at the ford racing one. Just curious to know what others like and dislike. So how about it, what is the best intake manifold out there for my supercharged GT?
I would recommend the Ford Racing one, go with what is proven to work. :bigthumbsup

Let me know if I can help you with anything. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently bought the 5.0 style plenum cover so I was thinking of just getting the Steeda delete plates. What's your thoughts on those? My shop guy says he came email me a new tune for the delete.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy on American muscle did a review on them and said they gave his turbo'd setup almost another 200 rwhp. Is that even possible? How much am I looking to gain with my procharger setup?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I recently bought the 5.0 style plenum cover so I was thinking of just getting the Steeda delete plates. What's your thoughts on those? My shop guy says he came email me a new tune for the delete.
Those are definitely a cheaper option than doing the FRPP intake manifold. It will add almost as much power as the FRPP for much less money. It really depends on what your goals are for the car and what you're trying to get out of it.

Both do a lot of good on forced induced cars. :bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts