Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pair of Pypes Pypes Bombs previously and the passenger side exhaust would rattle/ sound like a hollow piece of metal wedged between metal buzzing around at 2500 rpms. That same exhaust had a loose tig in the muffler that I had to shake out of the louver.

My timidness is going to buy a new exhaust to find that it wasn't the exhaust but something on the car. The noise CAME from the back passenger side of the car. And before I had removed them I checked all over that car. Someone told me they believe it's the deep note of e exhaust and when it hit the certain rpm it made the rattle sound which I don't think is right.

I put the stock mufflers back on and had no problem since. And someone actually wanted to buy the Pypes from me. Never got a hate call after so, I don't know what to think now about this ordeal.

I really feel my car is missing something without exhaust :( but, I don't Wanamaker dish out 400 to be annoyed either.

HELP!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a 2010 gt with the roush catback and it rattles at certain rpms during acceleration and from what i have been told it is normal due to the resonating of the louder exhaust

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I know some people like Pypes, but the first thing that comes to mind from that post is "You get what you pay for." Pypes stuff is made in china so no wonder it had some loose bit inside. Probably something wasn't welded correctly and vibrated when you hit that resonance zone.

Usually when you change something, and then have a new problem/noise/leak/whatever, it's probably related to the new part(s).

I'm sure it was a problem isolated to just that axle back. I wouldn't be afraid to get a new one. I bought my MBRP's, installed them myself, and have not had an ounce of trouble from them. I love the sound and the looks :bigthumbsup

G

·
Pypes stuff is very hit and miss. I personally loved the sound of their "Violators" on the old 302 but, I was very leery of buying them.

If you want quality, avoid Pypes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Where did you pick up the MBRPs?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a set in the classifieds for 295 but, I'm skeptical on buying on the forum lol

G

·
I just want to say, I listened to a few exhaust clips on Youtube of the MBRPs and they sound awesome on a 3v.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have Flowmasters on my 2010 and nothing rattles at the back of the car. Sounds like something may have worked itself loose on yours, or it's possible one of the metal hangers on the Pype Bombs was making slight contact with other metal under the car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked everything visible to the eye to see if it was loose. Took out the spare tightened all the exhaust bolts I have no clue. That's why it freaks me out

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased Pypes headers and cat - less X pipe. LOVE THE SOUND!!!!! And the price was right.... Ya you get what you pay for but now with no cats, dual 44's and all stainless steel every one asks WTF did you do to that Mustang. :kooky:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a set of Flow Masters on my car right now and they developed a rattle too. I contacted Flowmaster and I am trying to have the mufflers replaced since they still have the 3 year warranty on them. But I also ordered a set of SLP Loudmouths.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Great, I like em a lot...my other post about the mufflers being different inside has the extended version of my opinion of them!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I had Pypes violators and later Pype Bombs on my last GT and had no issues ever. I also had Pypes LTs on it. Everything fit nicely with no issues the welds looked fine to me and they stayed looking nice the 2 years or so I had them on the car before I sold it. So I guess it hit or miss, usually you only hear about the bad though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts