Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still learning this electronic controls thing! I just did a data log with my SCT tuner, the car has a mail order tune. Here is the high points. At 2,000 RPM the indicated timing is 32.5 degrees. Then I go WOT, the car runs good, etc. but the timing falls off to between 12.5 and 16 degrees as the revs climb up to about 5,600 where I let off.

If I am not mistaken, more timing should give me some more power. I am using 91 octane, that is all that is available in this area. What might cause this? Can I fix it with the tuner? or is the only option to have an expert dyno tune it?

This could be my ticket to the 13's, my best et to date is a 14.094

Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
dropping to 12.5 and 16 seems way too low for a n/a car. my car is running 14* of timing, and i'm supercharged.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking, esp. knowing what the older distributor type cars with vacum advance etc. required. Would the MSD coil packs affect the reading. I am inclinded to think no because the tuner is reading off the OBDII port, but ???

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
no, coil packs wouldn't have anything to do with it. i would have it dynoed so that the tuner can adjust the timing and air/fuel properly for a safe promising combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.