Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, tomorrow I am taking my black 'Stang to get the windows tinted. I was wondering what you guys thought about tinting the headlights also? I thought it being a black car with tinted windows, the headlamps being tinted might look sharp. I need some opinions. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey i do want to throw my two cents in. I used to work for a glass company and we had to deal with tint all the time and im great friends with the owner of the tinting company she tints all my cars. and i asked her about tinting my headlights or tail lights, and what she told me was to do it you dont use regular window tint becasue regular window tint is only intended to be applied to glass, it can be put plastic on no doubt about it, but heres the problem. window tint doesn't stretch so over time the glue on the backing of the tint will crack and its just not pretty. so what she showed me that is supposedly the proper way to do it is a flexible material that 3m makes that is a static cling type stuff and it can expand and contract with the plastic. And as far as if it will look cool, Yes definitly but plan on having HID's or you wont be able to see @#$%. My neighbor just tinted his and he has 55watt HID's which are way more beastly than the regular 35watt ones and as soon as he put his tint on he cried the first time he turned his lights on at night because it cuts out soooo much light. So just my two cents, if you dont mind your lights being dim go for it, it will def look cool

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ive seen the static cling tint your talking about.I was gonna buy it but I read reviews that it washes off when you wash your car. I also saw on youtube that its re usable. I think the ebay ones do the trick, cheap and doesnt cut much light.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have headlights tinted with 60% tint i bought from ebay. Just search mustang headlight film cover and you can buy precut tint that all you have to do is stick on. Cheap and easy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah personally i dont hae my headlights tinted but i have the static cling in the back and it never has washed off if applied right and i paid 10bucks for it if you dont like it after 10 bucks no harm done if you do and you have problems at least you know you like it before you spend big bucks on smoked headlights or anythin like that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Having tinted headlights looks sick! but in my opinon, I would never do something thats going to hinder my visibility. I already have my windows tinted and there is a reason why headlights are clear. You will notice the difference in light shining through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts