Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tints are illegal, but, how illegal are they, and how much of a throwaway investment would they be for a mustang?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
tints, like window tints?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dude, you need to check out the laws on window tinting in your area. Here in Mississippi it's 35%... but I have 17%, and no one bothers me. They can't do anything about it unless you get pulled over for something else, (which I have, twice, one is actually a really funny story... COPS :dunce: ) But they still didn't say anything. It costed me about $150 to get it done... again this is here, and not NJ. So just check around. If you're thinking about getting illegal tint, make sure you have somewhere to get an inspection sticker. I have to make a 45 min drive to this small town to get mine, cause around here they laugh at me when I try to get one. (Oh, and by the way, I LOVE the tint)

·
Registered
361 Posts
It completely depends on your state laws. In Ohio, 50% is legal for the front windows (keeping in mind that most cars have some level of factory tint already and they will give you a 4-5% leeway). It's also legal to tint your rear windows as dark as you want (limo, etc). I, personally, have tinted the windows on EVERY vehicle I've ever owned. Usually at 35% all the way around. I've been pulled over for speeding, etc, and never been bothered about it. I don't think they can actually pull you over for just the tint in Ohio...not really sure on that one, though. So it totally depends on your personal preferences, state laws, etc. Also....it was $150 to tint my car, $170 for my Bronco windows and about $135 for my F150 (based on number and size of windows).

·
Registered
9 Posts
they wont pull you over for just tint, i have 5% on my mustang all the way around it looks awesome but its a bit hard to see out of at nighttime i wanted to get 20% but when the guy showed up to do it thats all he had, im happy with it. i have been pulled over before a couple of times, i just rolled down my windows before the cop came up and he never said anything about it! anyways if you do get in trouble for it, it will just be a warning to take it off and then go to the police station and show them so i think its worth it to have the privacy and good looks

·
Registered
223 Posts
do you guys pay that price for Real tinting or for that stick on stuff profess. installed??

and by real i mean not able 2 take off like the factory tint

·
Registered
31 Posts
The stick on stuff... it looks great, except for the fact they didn't tint the very top of my back window. I'm glad they didn't though because I saw someone elses who they did, and those black dots screw up the tint and make it uneven, for some reason the tint doesn't completely stick right there. But no problem, I'll just get a windsheild banner to cover up the non-tinted spot. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.