Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these bad boys in today and thinking about doing my own install, the instructions make it seem like an easy process but i just wanted to see if i could run into any problems along the way if some people had the same.

I have the tools required, never removed fuel lines tho..kinda hesitant. trying to save a few bucks doing it myself;)

thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
You do NOT have to disconnect the fuel rails. You can unbolt them and just pull the passenger side over the top and out of the way on the drivers side. Be careful when retorquing the intake manifold bolts (89 lb-in). and you must tighten in the exact order. Note that there are 10 bolts. There are 8 outside and two inside the rails in the middle.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Be careful when you unplug the injectors. They can pop out of the rail and spill fuel all over the place. Put a towel down in that area just in case.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Be careful when you unplug the injectors. They can pop out of the rail and spill fuel all over the place. Put a towel down in that area just in case.
+1. Don't panic if they pop off, because they likely will. Best way to remove the rail is to grasp one end and kind of hold the end injector with your fingers and pull up, working your way down the rail. When reinstalling, coat the o-rings with a light coating of fresh motor oil.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got these bad boys in today and thinking about doing my own install, the instructions make it seem like an easy process but i just wanted to see if i could run into any problems along the way if some people had the same.

I have the tools required, never removed fuel lines tho..kinda hesitant. trying to save a few bucks doing it myself;)

thanks for any advice.
I would like to add.

Leave the motor and connector hooked up. Remove the control arms (2) onlly from the control motor.

I am assuming that you already have a modified tune to dump in when the plates are changed out.

If not, the car will not run correctly. There are about 10 areas in your tune that will need to be modified for the deletes.

In any case it would be wise to put the car on a dyno after installation.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the tips, i do have a tune from brenspeed waiting. Will i notice any sound difference after this install or is it mainly just a slight jump on the dyno?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Thank you for the tips, i do have a tune from brenspeed waiting. Will i notice any sound difference after this install or is it mainly just a slight jump on the dyno?
No real difference in sound.

One other thing to mention. Make sure you adjust the placement of the plates on the plenum so the ports match up closely. It may take some trial and error to get them aligned before you tighten them down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.