Ford Mustang Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah the $$$ is the only real thing I worry about. I have no clue what this adventure will cost me but I guess if you want 1 of a kind you have to spend $$$.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Plan exactly what you want to do with your car with people that know more than you BEFORE you ever get started.

The supercharger that is most appealing to me if I could afford it is Roush R2300 Mustang Supercharger Kit - Black (05-10 GT) 421099||421107 - Free Shipping!

Problem is, I should have bought that before doing anything. At this point if I were to add it, I would have my bbk tb, steeda cai and U/D Pulleys all going to waste (since kit replaces first two and I hear you need to take u/d pulleys off for a S/C?) and needing to be sold to try and recover some of the losses.

Have spent enough overall I could have gotten that instead of everything else at this point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The E-Force is going to be around $1,000 to install on top of w/e you are paying for the kit, plus i'd recommend getting the GT500 fuel pumps as extra insurance on top of it.
Another fuel pump option is the Airtex E2457M. It's a drop-in replacement for S197's and flows very close to the GT500 dual pumps. Plus, it only costs $175 @ Amazon ($225 @ Summit).

It pumps 302 LPH; the GT500 flows 375 LPH. Stock pumps flow 87 LPH. Unless you are pumping REALY high HP from your F/I system, the Airtex will keep you fueled for a whole lot less than the GT500 system.

Just my .02!:winks

Arden

·
Registered
35 Posts
The E-Force is going to be around $1,000 to install on top of w/e you are paying for the kit, plus i'd recommend getting the GT500 fuel pumps as extra insurance on top of it.
Another fuel pump option is the Airtex E2457M. It's a drop-in replacement for S197's and flows very close to the GT500 dual pumps. Plus, it only costs $175 @ Amazon ($225 @ Summit).

It pumps 302 LPH; the GT500 flows 375 LPH. Stock pumps flow 87 LPH. Unless you are pumping REALY high HP from your F/I system, the Airtex will keep you fueled for a whole lot less than the GT500 system.

Just my .02!:winks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I feel like every future s197 owner should read this thread prior to purchasing their car. Very insightful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should also watch out when you're lowering your cars. You're going to need to get new caster camber plates when the time comes for an alignment.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Not clear at ALL on what a "tuner" is. Is it a mechanic who writes programs for your cars computer? Is it a chip you just plug in? "You need to know the pcm so your tuner can give you the proper tunes" um what? Sorry im just completely lost on tuning, chips, someone please explain this to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jlt makes a pretty mean series 3 intake now for the 2005 to 2008 gt's "I personally own one" and I'm impressed with the throttle response. Also I fit 265's on the front of my s197 with no rubbing issues. As far as exhaust goes you should add a write up of long tube headers in combination with with a cam set up. Reasonably priced n/a option for the increase in hp! Other than that spot on write up! Props

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree.

It provides a good starting point for someone new to the car that wants to make changes.

I only recently found it since I have been spending most of my time reading in the tech area.

Question for one of the form moderators...

Is there a way to link to this thread as a sticky in tech section? I know I would have found it sooner if there had been.

To the OP (and others that have contributed)......

Thanks for starting this thread and for the contributions that have been added :)

Jon...

201 - 215 of 215 Posts