Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got bot the lower valence, and the mini front splitter in my house right now awaiting install.

Does anyone have any tips for the install? There are plenty of good DIY's on the valence, but not seeing much on the splitter, and the supplied ford directions look like they were done by IKEA.

I'm correct in assuming I can install the splitter to the lower valence before I install it onto the car correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got bot the lower valence, and the mini front splitter in my house right now awaiting install.

Does anyone have any tips for the install? There are plenty of good DIY's on the valence, but not seeing much on the splitter, and the supplied ford directions look like they were done by IKEA.

I'm correct in assuming I can install the splitter to the lower valence before I install it onto the car correct?
I'm not sure about installing splitter before install. I do know that the removal of bumper is not required. Just did mine today, the worst part is getting at the phillips screw at inner corner of valance opening. Good luck.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i dont think i would try to install install the splitter to the lower valence before I install it onto the car... do the lower valance then the splitter. you have A LOT of holes to drill and probably dont wanna have to work thru the splitter to do it.

do count the all the holes 2x - i almost managed to miss one.

not sure what the claps are supposed to be doing in the directions but i skipped that whole thing and just tapped it all up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've read that you don't want to screw the splitter onto the valance until the valance is mounted on the car. I believe the reasoning was due to the amount of holes that have to be drilled.

Install of CS valance is really easy and I have the install time down to about 15mins since I have now installed it once on the wife's car and once on mine. As stated it is not necessary to remove the front bumper at all, and I wouldn't.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I installed my front splitter on the front fascia before I installed it on the car. It made the job a whole lot easier due to alignment and holes that needs to be drilled. I think it would be much harder to mark and drill the holes upside down on your back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed my front splitter on the front fascia before I installed it on the car. It made the job a whole lot easier due to alignment and holes that needs to be drilled. I think it would be much harder to mark and drill the holes upside down on your back.
How did you line up/mark/drill your holes with it off?

I'm a little unclear on the instructions, although I've only just glanced at them.

It looked like the instructions showed 2 different types of fasteners, and 2 different sized required drill bits. What's the story?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Clamp the splitter like the instructions state. Mark the hole positions. The 2 drill bits are for starting a pilot hole first, then use the larger bit to drill the final hole size. It will be difficult to start using the larger bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts