Ford Mustang Forum banner

Tire and Rim sizes 1988 5.0 Mustang Fox Body

15K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Sharad 
#1 ·
i know this has been posted a bunch but i cant find what i exactly. i have a 1988 mustang gt hatch. i want to know what the largest tire size i can go on the back, widest tallest whatever. i just want bigg @$$ tires on the back. and for the front the same, not all that big tho but i want to know what would work. any help would be great. thanks.:bigthumbsup

#2 ·
245/50 in the front and 275/60 in the back. More than that and you'd have to do some modifying.

#3 ·
245/50 in the front and 275/60 in the back. More than that and you'd have to do some modifying.
I thought 255's were as large as you can go in the rear without modifying. 275/SIXTY? would'nt those have very tall sidewalls?
255/45 sounds right to me. But I could be wrong.

#7 ·
tire size

I have 255/60/r15 MT drag lites on the rear with 15x8 5.5 back spacing on rims. I have 205/70/rim on front with 15x7 with 4.75 back spacing. Has a tough stance. The fronts are only 1 inch shorter. This is on a 93 LX so that setup should work well with yours as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.