Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the lowest i can go on 17x9 Rims, with the car lowered 1.5'' Front and back, i was told 225/45/17, Has anyone pulled off any skinnier??? And for drag radials in the back, What size would be good? and whats the price range , and advantages on those? Thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
i have 225-50's n the fron and 265 50's in the rear with stock contol arms and quad shocks still on there, mine are 15's tho, ive heard good on the m/t drag radials but u said your looking for more apperance then performance and d/r's arent cheap.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i want something to keep my 4:10's from making me spinn and spinn, Just wanna know Im not looking for like serious racing DR's Just something to get some good tractions without worrying about wasting my street tires

·
Registered
912 Posts
ahh, well i wouldent look for a thin tire then, something with a little more sidewall and wider wtih a sticky tire and you will be good, im not sure on d/r's like i said but going with a skinny tire means theres no give and its just going to spin, and its going to have a rough ride otherwise, but thats all up to you,

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would goto atleast a 255/40 in the rear preferably a 275. for the front a 235 or 245/45

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats a good site to look these up, unless yall think local stores will be cheaper?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Best tire size is 275/40/17 in rear and 235/45 in front. For a street warrior I recommend the Toyo TQ drag radial. Good hook and 7-10k life span not to mention they are only $140 ea.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
140 Each man thats not bad at all. u have a site for thosee? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.