Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 v6 with 8.5" wide and 18" tall wheels from a gt model. Currently running 235/50 in size. Wanting to go to a wider set of tires. Not sure about staggering so thinking same size on all corners. I noticed the tires on now will rub if shocks compress hard on the front. Seems lime they're too tall. Was thinking of going for 255/45 on all corners. Anyone done this or know if it will work without being too wide? Checked and speedo wont be thrown off much, and slightly shorter Circumference. Want to make sure before ordering some tires.

Opinions on staggering? Good idea or waste of money since you can't rotate tires? Its a v6 but not stock by any means, so could use the wider tires.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i know the rear tires go up to 285 and i seen front tires with 255. i also have a 05 4.0 18x9 f 18x10 b. tire size is 235-45-18

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have an 05 v6 with 8.5" wide and 18" tall wheels from a gt model. Currently running 235/50 in size. Wanting to go to a wider set of tires. Not sure about staggering so thinking same size on all corners. I noticed the tires on now will rub if shocks compress hard on the front. Seems lime they're too tall. Was thinking of going for 255/45 on all corners. Anyone done this or know if it will work without being too wide? Checked and speedo wont be thrown off much, and slightly shorter Circumference. Want to make sure before ordering some tires.

Opinions on staggering? Good idea or waste of money since you can't rotate tires? Its a v6 but not stock by any means, so could use the wider tires.
I have 255/35/20 up front on an 8.5 inch wheel its plenty wide for the front

you should be fine with 255/45/18 all around. I think 255 is the widest you can comfortably go on an 8.5 rim

I personally Like the staggered look on mine, but like you said cant do a real tire rotation. Doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have 255-45/18 on 9 1/2 inch wide rims all around. My 2008 mustang has been lowered 1 in in front, 2 inches in rear. I used the Roush steering limiter on the front and have no rubs at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts