Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some 19 inch wheels on my 2012, after about 15 miles of driving my tire pressure monitoring system lit up. Anyways i can get it to stop? I have an SCT tuner but cant seem to find anything to adjust from the 18 inch to the 19 inch wheels.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just put some 19 inch wheels on my 2012, after about 15 miles of driving my tire pressure monitoring system lit up. Anyways i can get it to stop? I have an SCT tuner but cant seem to find anything to adjust from the 18 inch to the 19 inch wheels.
Nope. Its there for good unless you ad TPMS to your new wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
no sensors no fix.

beers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Can the sensors be reused? Or do you need a new set if you switch wheels?

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
These ones are a bit different. Essentially, the valve stem in it's entirety is replaced and bolted to the pressure sensor inside the wheel/tire. They do not use the traditional O-ring, nut, and seal kit since they are much less complicated.

That's a good thing, the other style is more leak prone, costlier to to service, and the nuts and stem cores tend to corrode to the point where they cannot be removed and require sensor replacement. I've seen quite a few cars only a few years old come into a shop and need all 4 sensors with the new tires because of this. That can easily add $100-600 depending on make/model when it comes time to replace tires!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts