Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 18" wheels and tires. I bought them at a local shop and they look great. However, this morning I'm researching the tires the guy put on them and found something disturbing. He was supposed to put Sumitomo's on them, but said he didn't have any that fit. Whatever, I'm not really racing anything anyway. He put TOYO Proxes S/T on the wheels. They are the correct size I ordered 255/45R18 and do look nice IMHO. Here is the disturbing part: On every website, including Toyo, those are listed as Light Truck / SUV tires!!!!! What gives? Should they be okay?

1. I don't really want to look like an idiot driving around with some kind of truck tire on my stang.
2. They do have a good treadwear, 420.
3. I'm not racing, but the traction is only rated A.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Interesting a SUV\Stang

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pcfrisch said:
Interesting a SUV\Stang
:tongue

They look good. I just am not sure if it really matters with today's tires. I want the high tread life. The Toyo website says they are good for all weather; which I may need here in Kansas if I get lazy once it gets cold and don't get them off right away for the winter.

I'll post pics when the car gets back from the dealer for the popping and carpet/seat covers.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
:tongue

They look good. I just am not sure if it really matters with today's tires. I want the high tread life. The Toyo website says they are good for all weather; which I may need here in Kansas if I get lazy once it gets cold and don't get them off right away for the winter.

I'll post pics when the car gets back from the dealer for the popping and carpet/seat covers.
Good question, I checked that web site, and they are listed also as performance tires, speed rated. I sure could use them here in the winter if they are good in snow :eyepoppin

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Load index and speed rating both are ok for the stang. Should be good to go. Not the best choice for the car, but certainly not going to be an issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts