1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want 255 in front and 285 in back

so i figured 255/40/20 front and 285/35/20 in back
or 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 in back

the first selection are a bit bigger than stock, and the second is a bit smaller, what did others with 20's go with. im going staggered bc the front rims are 9" wide and the rear's are 10.5" wide.

please help

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
20" WHEELS ON A STANG?????//? How about some of those nice Escalade Spinners by Puff Diddy?

(cough)ghetto(cough):happyhapp

No, haven't seen those....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Allot of people are putting 20's on their stangs and depending on the body mod package look great. I've staggered mine and have 18's on the front and 20's on the rear. It's not a dailey drive. You can see the pic's in my gallery.

You can go to most tire manufacturer web sites and they will give you tire and rim sizes total diameter. The other option would be to go to Discount Tire or similar and have them help. I believe that on the stock mustangs they accomodate up to a total diameter of 26.5 inches so you will want to match that to whatever configuration that you are going to use.

I've attached the chart that I used when buying my Bf Goodrich G-Force.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
20" wheels

I have 20" wheels on my Stang and everybody has told me that they look great. I was worried at first that they were too big, but in turn they look great. I grant my tire size is not that extreme, it is 40/20/245 (not sure of the format) on all four wheels. I do no tthink they look ghetto, but I wouldlove to hear other Stang lovers opinions. Check out my galley and let me know.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Come on now,,, nobody has the P. Diddy spinnerz?

Ya'll, I was only messin. I looked through what the first link had, some noce lookin wheels.

Hey, It's YOUR car, do what you want, but PLEASE don't do this to it...

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
JEB said:

Ya'll, I was only messin. I looked through what the first link had, some noce lookin wheels.

:sterb: I hope that is NOT your car! IMHO it is one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen. Moderator...please remove that link before somebody else's vision is ruined!!! MY EYES!!, MY EYES!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
JEB said:

hey whats wrong with captains chairs in a Stang :thumbup I mean :sterb:

:laughlitt

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am about to switch up a size on the wheels, and i keep thinking about 20's - but there seems to be too many people saying the ride quality is serioulsy degraded. But thats with a 255/35/20 - which is tha same overall diameter as stock. I see people here suggesting bigger profiles on 20's - i would have thought that if you are going to do this then you will have to lower the car also -to keep the same or lower ground clearance and then you may have problems about the tire rubbing the fenders... What do you think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually, just did some calcs:

stock: 235/55-17 27.2in dia 0.0%

Suggested: 245/45-20 28.7in 5.5%
285/40-20 4.5in 14.5in 29.0in 91.0in 696 6.6%

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry, hit reply by accident,

I meant to add that with:
245/45-20
285/40-20

you could lower the car by one inch, maintain the same ground clearance - improve the ride and properly fill up the wheel well to improve looks. (of course the gear ratio would be slightly different)!

·
Registered
140 Posts
WOW! I am liking the look of those torque thrust rims:gringreen:gringreen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.