Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just replaced my 18" factory bullit wheels with the wheels from a new GT/CS which are 19".Is there anyway I can get a label to replace the tire info label that reflects the new tire size ? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am not anywhere where I can see my car right now, but I think the tire pressure for the 19's is 32 psi

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand what the label is for.It list tire size and recommended pressure.My issue is that my current label is for 18" wheels,but I now have 19" wheels and would like the label to be accurate.:eyebulge:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I understand what the label is for.It list tire size and recommended pressure.My issue is that my current label is for 18" wheels,but I now have 19" wheels and would like the label to be accurate.:eyebulge:
I was just asking to make sure that's what you were referring too. And it is accurate, as I said, they are all the same. I have 18's as well and its 32psi just like Don's Stang and he has 19's.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The Vehicle Tire Inflation Tag is put on by the manufacturers, is in sort a legal document covering the manufacturer's butt. AFAIK you can't get a replacement. It has to match the tires that came on the car as manufactured.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
USE THE DAMN STICKER ON THE DAMN DOOR!:smirk

LOL! Damn just use the search function for numerous discussions......PLEASE!:heha:

·
Registered
653 Posts
when I replied I misunderstood what you wanted

Find a 2013 with the 19 inch wheels. The sticker should have a part number on it, I bet the dealer can order it for you

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I DON'T need to know what info is on the label !!! I just want the label to match the wheels and tires.They are not all the same.
Thanks Don's Stang for a reply I can use.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That label only reflects on tires that came from factory. Go by the tire manufacture on what preesure should be
Wrong....................

·
Registered
653 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine, there is a part number on each sticker, but there is also the vehical Vin number so you may be out of luck

Here are pics, with the part number circled, I blocked my Vin number
The white one your prob Sh!t out of luck, but maybe the dealer can do something about the yellow one

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOL ok so when you remove factroy tire put completely different tire on so who tire pressure you going by?

Oh I'm glad you asked! This is a misunderstood theory that 99% of the people that you will buy tires from do not understand. I've been in the industry 10 years selling tires, and I've only really been aware of how to properly figure this out in the last 3 or so.

Bridgestone actually has a guide book called the "Replacement Tire Selection Manual" that spells it out for you with load charts!

Essentially it's all related to load rating, not really size, so let's assume that the factory tires here are the 235/50R18 97W's. The 19 inch in question should be Pirelli Pzero Nero's 245/45R19 98W's.

Since the load rating is numerically higher with the 19's, you could probably just leave the tire pressure the same as stock to duplicate the load capacity scenario in stock form (and that's what Ford does when they fit those 19's on there). According to the guidebook however, the 18 inch tire 97W tire carries 1532 lbs at 32 psi while the 19 inch 98 W tire carries 1488 lbs. At 33 psi, the 19 inch tire carries 1543 lbs per tire. Moral of the story, leave it at 32 and your fine, but according the tire manufacturer, in order to play it safe when fitting the non-stock tires, 33 is the proper pressure for the new set to ensure mirrored load capacity.

The biggest thing that people miss is that P rated and non p-rated tires (also know as euro metric) of the same size and load rating can carry the same weight at different pressures.

Example - 235/50R18 97W vs P235/50R18 97W

Thanks for letting the tire geek rant!
Matt

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh, and I found this in the guidebook as well: I'm such a geek!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.