Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to purchase a 1971 Mustang
Grande with a 351C. The car is an Arizona car with no rust. The car was driven to illinois then it broke down because of a burnt wire connecting to the starter the driver paid for the tow service but never paid to get the car fixed. the car was then towed to a junk yard without a title so it was given a junk title in the state of Illinois. We are wanting to purchase the car from a man that bought it from the junkyard but we want a clear title. Applying for a lost title cannot be done because the car is still on record as a junk title. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Could you apply for a junking certificate, or salvage certificate in that state?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
In Illinois we have a Secretary of State with it's own police force. Call them and ask an officer to come and inspect the title and car.

In days past all the officer had to do was fill out the proper form and sign it. I've had several corrected titles done this way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm in a similar situation with my '70 Mach 1. Got the car with a legal Ohio "salvage" title. Called the local license branch and asked what I had to do to get an Indiana "rebuild" title. I couldn't believe the hoops I'd have to jump through! Not sure what to do. Have another option I'm looking into, but I'm sure the laws vary from state to state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.