Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been reading everyones great kill stories and I'm feeling left out...I have 12,000 miles on my 05' GT and have run exactly twice, once against my friend so it really doesn't count as a kill and once against a complete A**H*** in a huge turbo diesel Dodge Ram that wouldn't leave me alone until I put him in his place so I also won't count that (it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight).

So here's my question: What makes you guys decide who to race and who do you just let go? If it's rice do you always run, if they rev. their engine do you always run, if they give you a "look" do you run?? I have had a few people rev. but we're always on 35 mph roads and I'm not going to race someone and risk a HUGE fine and/or having my car taken away because I'm going 80+ in a 35 zone. Is anyone else in my boat (lack of challanges) or do you guys/gals have people messin' with you all the time? Keep up all the good work reminding ricers who really owns the road!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My 04 Gt has only 5000 miles on it and in those miles I've only ran the car in traffic maybe 3 times if that. It seems that I never get challenged or if I do it's by cars going the other way or something like that. I would run anyone who is beside me and revs it up, or any rice burner next to me no matter what. but haven't really had the chance :sosad:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm not going to say that I have certain guidelines for when I do and don't race or smack someone around cause I don't...I just do it or not...
1) If it's a ricer that I know is ridiculous and not even worth the 1/8 of a tank I'll likely waste I'll just let him rev away and squeal his tires...no worries...I know I would of creamed him...
2) If it's a ricer with friends making fun of or laughing at me, or looking at me...or anything pertaining to actually me...and he has witnesses in his car...if I think it's safe to do so, have no one in my car that would panic...I'll gladly hand him his a$$ on a silver platter...especially if he has hot girls in his car...
3) If it's a muscle car, or a car I'll actually enjoy racing, even if I lose...and once again if I think it's safe to do so and no one's in my car that will panic...I'll gladly take the challenge
Those are my general guidelines...I'll break my own rules every now and then if I'm feeling extra ballsy...or if my wife peer pressures me...or if I'm trying to impress a non believer...I have a cd of burned songs that get my blood and energy flowing a bit more for the nights and weekends and a cd of burned songs that get me relaxed and calm for weekdays...
I don't know bro, I wont say I'll actually race on the street and dip in and out of traffic because I'm scared of the consequences but I will open my baby up and show anyone what she's capable of...

·
Registered
567 Posts
When I had my Cobra, nobody really mess with me beside the Camaro SS, WS6's or another Stang which I usually give it a go as long as its safe to do so :winks .... An Escalade was egg'n me to race once on the freeway and im like :shrug and didnt bother with it.....

But now that I drive an ITR, everybody wants some.... Its crazy, mostly $40k to $80k cars that wants some :shrug M3, S4, XLR, AMG's you name it...... I dont know why, but im not the type of guy to start anything not unless provoke and for some reason its been happening alot lately..... BTW I dont usually bother with the M3, S4, AMG's... But the XLR I raced but we hit traffic ahead and the b!tch couldnt drive and kept going in my lane :mad:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll just have to wait until spring when the snow is gone to see if I can find the chance to open her up. Don't get me wrong I love driving my car "normally" but if I put the time, money, and effort to into upgrading my car I just want to run it once in a while, it just seems like the circumstances are never right for a good run. I guess I'll just keep waiting.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Puptent21 said:
OK, I've been reading everyones great kill stories and I'm feeling left out...I have 12,000 miles on my 05' GT and have run exactly twice, once against my friend so it really doesn't count as a kill and once against a complete A**H*** in a huge turbo diesel Dodge Ram that wouldn't leave me alone until I put him in his place so I also won't count that (it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight).

So here's my question: What makes you guys decide who to race and who do you just let go? If it's rice do you always run, if they rev. their engine do you always run, if they give you a "look" do you run?? I have had a few people rev. but we're always on 35 mph roads and I'm not going to race someone and risk a HUGE fine and/or having my car taken away because I'm going 80+ in a 35 zone. Is anyone else in my boat (lack of challanges) or do you guys/gals have people messin' with you all the time? Keep up all the good work reminding ricers who really owns the road!
Nice car! ;-) My guidlines: I'd prolly race any1 at this point, no one ever challenges me. Then again I rarely see young kids or sports cars by me.

I would almost prefer to race against a higher end car(ie no ricers, turbo'd tuners, etc). IF I could run against a vette, m3, boxster, sti, evo, etc, I'd run against them. Mostly cuz I can only impress being the underdog. No dignity lost if I lose :)

Plus I live in a slightly wealthy area, so the chances of me running into a higher end car is more likely, but the chances that the would wanna roll would be slim(with the average age group by me, lots of middle aged and retired folk).

PS I'm 24 so it kinda gets lonely.

·
Registered
977 Posts
How about this, go to a track and you will find many a car to race. Besides the moral issues with street racing, to many variables. At least at the track, the light goes and you go. No excuses, the other guy understands the rules.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
95MGTS said:
How about this, go to a track and you will find many a car to race. Besides the moral issues with street racing, to many variables. At least at the track, the light goes and you go. No excuses, the other guy understands the rules.
I would LOVE to go to a track come spring time but the only problem is that I do not know of a track even remotly close to the Twin Cities. If anyone out there know of one please let me know and I'll be there with bells on, but for now I'm SOL.?. I wouldn't say I have a moral issue with running on the street it's more of a safety/law enforcement issue and the fact that no one has ever wanted to go. I'm not going to run someone on a busy road/highway, I'm not going to run anyone on a street with a low speed limit or in residential area because I think it's just common sense.

So if anyone out there know of a strip around the Twin Cities area please let me know. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.