Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just got my 2006 Tungesten Grey Mustang GT and i was wondering if i should put racing stripes or not.....Color?
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks......

·
Registered
214 Posts
imo, anything but black on that color would look a little "funky"..

on my black car i'll be doing either silver or matching the "parchment" color

·
Registered
394 Posts
When in doubt it is always best to STRIPE! J/K

IMHO you color stang would look good with either black or silver stripes. The black will stand out...but the silver will give sort of a "ghost" look. Just my .02

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
stripes

Go ahead, stripe the girl!!!!! :eyepoppin I like the idea of going with the "ghost" stripes" for I have always found that concept appealing, so my 2 cents worth is go for a shade of silver for the stripes that is different than the silver of the car! I have a black GT vert and I am planning on striping my girl with crimson ghost stripes.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
myromac87 said:
Hi! Just got my 2006 Tungesten Grey Mustang GT and i was wondering if i should put racing stripes or not.....Color?
Thanks......
Go with black... But I may be biased. Next question is vinyl or painted. How much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I saw the Tungsten color, it looked like it had some purple in it. Maybe some light colored silver with a hint of purple pearl...like the SEMA concept car. Whatever you do...DON'T get red stripes...man was I asking for it from the local police :doh:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Satin Silver baby!
I'm temped to change my charcoal stripes to Tungsten.

Beware, stripe it and you will never blend in again. Unless you are at a Shelby meet! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well you could always put the stripes on then take them off.. I've got a black GT and i'm debating putting silver double stripes, I think I'll do it then see how it looks then maybe take em off if i dont like them, i knw the owner of dealership so prolly could get it done for free if i didnt want them on after no charge.. idk

·
Registered
297 Posts
FB Treat48 said:
does anyone have a pic of the charcol gray with stripes thanks
I WISH!!!

Ford dropped Dark Charcoal Gray for 2005 and only offered Mineral Gray :sterb:
And then they dropped that color for 2006.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i would go with the black as well it looks mean......:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
get the silver stripes!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like Stripes...

Well, I prefer stripes. It think they look good on the 05/06...

The question is do you want them????

I would do a ghost color stripe a few shades off. Of course black would look great as well...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Mineral Gray 05 with Shelby Stripes (top bumper to bumper and side stripes) painted in Med. Titanium. They aren't cheap.... $872.00. But that is the only way to go here in the Southwest. See pics in Members Gallery.

myromac87 said:
Thanks......

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
make your own color, thats what I did, I got some factory legend lime paint, added a butt load of moss green pearl, and a butt load of gold metalic flake, and a few drops of black.....:laughlitt

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great job.... a little different look, I like it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Mustangbaxter,That looks great!:thumbsup Did you follow up on the rear of the car or just the hood? I've opted for the blacked out 69''Mach look on my 06'.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a sonic Blue Roush with White stripes. If I were you, I would go with either white, gray or black stripes on your color. You may want to go with tape stripes so that if you truely don't like them you can remove them. Most sign companies can make them in any color you want. All you have to do is tell them how wide to make them and how much space between them and of course what color you want them. I would guess that you could have them made for about $300.00 to $400.00.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Darth,

I would like to see a picture of that of your Mach color scheme. [email protected]

·
Registered
604 Posts
Darth said:
Mustangbaxter,That looks great!:thumbsup Did you follow up on the rear of the car or just the hood? I've opted for the blacked out 69''Mach look on my 06'.
just the hood, and 'rocker panel' the rocker panel fades out like the small stripes, as for the back, I got one of these

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts