Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HMMM i was thinking about tinting my car, its a black on black GT. Ive seen a couple of pics, and really like it, but what i've seen so far is that i like it alittle darker than 35%. What do u guys think should i tint or not??? And what % dint would be good??? thankyou!:wavey

·
Registered
68 Posts
Def. Tint it. and go with 20%. Trust me i work at a tint shop. The % is dark enough to only see your "outline" but light enough at night to be able to see when you back up which is really important. Also at night you cant see in from the outside.. Its Perfect..:drool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so 20% all 5 windows??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 5% in the back and rear quarter panels and 35% on the side. Let me tell you, its friggin bad ass. My stang is white so the contrast in colors really sets it off! My only regret is not going a little darker on the sides.

Here are a couple pics of wondercoolguy's black mustang w/ the exact same tint specs as mine.

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/11672/2A29F3D5996E44B18C1A5B6BE12DC30D.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/11672/7FF25AEB4FBB4C438E74CB4CA09BBEAA.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/11672/73D12275D0064D9ABDED0FED94BB7C72.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'd go with 5% on the back and 20% on all other windows. It will look great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a black GT and I tinted the windows. No contest. I would'nt have it any other way. You'll love ut

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would never go anything but the same percent all around. 5% is the darkest.. so if you have trouble seeing out the back at night now.. or just even a little multiply that by 10. Twenty all around is def. the way to go. But if you care about the possibility of getting puleld over id check your states limits. Mine is 35% but where i am cops never pull you over for tint unles you havea bottom front strip on the windshield which is highly illegal. Hope what ever you choose is GREAT! Oh btw.. If the shops a good one ask if they can cut out some strips of each % of tint and have them put it on and then you can sit inside and see the difference. Trust me they wil ave a lot of left over strips and pieces so they shouldnt care. Good luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll give an opposing view. I was going to tint mine this Sat. but cancelled. After thinking about it, I liked the way my IUP and red accent interior is displayed through the untinted windows. Being able to see the interior gives it depth in my opinion. Plus I don't do anything inside that I want to hide.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I love my Tint for many reasons

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think tint is the only way to go! It enhances the appearance of a car and most particularly a black car. Go 20% all around. I'm told I'm asking for it having illegal tint and no mufflers... but I dont care. hee hee :kooky: If your scared about the cops then do 20 on back and 35 on sides....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Draconian California Laws!!!

Well, I know tinting the windows changes the cars looks and has some practical applications BUT the CA legislature has seen it fit to make ANY tint illegal that will cover the driver's head. Only a strip across the top of the windshield and any windows BEHIND the driver's head can be tinted. This is from the CHP site (linked below). If you're going to get a tint, make it REAL light in the front unless you want to have that uneasy feeling every time a black & white pulls up next to you.:sosad:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did I read somewhere before that some window channel felt was recommended to be replaced to prevent the tint from scratching as the drivers and pass window went up and down in it's track?If so, anything special or particular?:?:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts