Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking to add a cold air intake to my 2005 GT. Seems to be a bit of controversy whether to get a tune or not. I spoke with a guy at Brenspeed and he told me that no matter what I buy it would need a tune to actually perform. So I'm looking for input from all of you. Brenspeed kit is a JLT II @ $554.00 with 3 tunes. Not sure what the 3 are. Hoping for some help on this. I guess you can spend to amazing heights here. Just want to get the best bang for the buck. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
CAI and a tune are the easiest and best bang for the buck mod. Without a tune, you are looking at maybe 10 h.p. With a tune, as much as 30h.p.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Go for it. Brenspeed tunes are some of the best. The 3 tunes are for 3 different octanes (usually 87, 91 & 93).

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
and i believe you can get some tunes for street and some for race, with the same octane rating. so you have your normal tune and your "play" tune

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
and i believe you can get some tunes for street and some for race, with the same octane rating. so you have your normal tune and your "play" tune
Brent doesn't do different tunes within octane ratings like Bamachips does.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just took the plunge and bought a BBK CAI and SCT Xcalibrator 3 tuner. $554 is a good deal!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tunes?

I'm pretty computer literate so I'm sure I can do the tune thing. What about passing emissions? And throwing codes?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Go for it you will love the power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm Told

It should actually be cleaner exhaust. Is that right? I just want to spend the right way and not buy a cai that is useless. I don't want emisson trouble. Hey, it's my stimulus package from the government. I'm gonna stimulate something! Lol

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
It should actually be cleaner exhaust. Is that right? I just want to spend the right way and not buy a cai that is useless. I don't want emisson trouble. Hey, it's my stimulus package from the government. I'm gonna stimulate something! Lol
I don't know that it's be cleaner but it won't be any dirtier.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey STLWagon

So I should do the Brenspeed option? I think it would be a good choice. They offer free tunes later if you buy from them. I just wanna make a great choice and get a little blast. :happydance: Seems a reasonable price I guess.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
So I should do the Brenspeed option? I think it would be a good choice. They offer free tunes later if you buy from them. I just wanna make a great choice and get a little blast. :happydance: Seems a reasonable price I guess.
You bet... I've run Brenspeed tunes at various times over the last 3 years. There's not a better tuner out there. And the JLT II is a great intake. My favorite so far (and I've run 3).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, sweet!

I kinda go with my gut and Brenspeed seems like the one. Gotta wait for cash from Uncle Sam. Stimulation..........

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You bet... I've run Brenspeed tunes at various times over the last 3 years. There's not a better tuner out there. And the JLT II is a great intake. My favorite so far (and I've run 3).
My guy at the perfomance shop is recommending the C&L intake. What do you think about that one ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is so good to hear

You won't be disappointed.
Whe I get the cash I will let you know the outcome. Thanks sooooo much for the input.:wavey

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Mark

Your Mustang is totally awesomme! Love it! Brenspeed it is. :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.