Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking to add a cold air intake to my 2005 GT. Seems to be a bit of controversy whether to get a tune or not. I spoke with a guy at Brenspeed and he told me that no matter what I buy it would need a tune to actually perform. So I'm looking for input from all of you. Brenspeed kit is a JLT II @ $554.00 with 3 tunes. Not sure what the 3 are. Hoping for some help on this. I guess you can spend to amazing heights here. Just want to get the best bang for the buck. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
CAI and a tune are the easiest and best bang for the buck mod. Without a tune, you are looking at maybe 10 h.p. With a tune, as much as 30h.p.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
and i believe you can get some tunes for street and some for race, with the same octane rating. so you have your normal tune and your "play" tune

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tunes?

I'm pretty computer literate so I'm sure I can do the tune thing. What about passing emissions? And throwing codes?

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Go for it you will love the power.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm Told

It should actually be cleaner exhaust. Is that right? I just want to spend the right way and not buy a cai that is useless. I don't want emisson trouble. Hey, it's my stimulus package from the government. I'm gonna stimulate something! Lol

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,823 Posts
It should actually be cleaner exhaust. Is that right? I just want to spend the right way and not buy a cai that is useless. I don't want emisson trouble. Hey, it's my stimulus package from the government. I'm gonna stimulate something! Lol
I don't know that it's be cleaner but it won't be any dirtier.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey STLWagon

So I should do the Brenspeed option? I think it would be a good choice. They offer free tunes later if you buy from them. I just wanna make a great choice and get a little blast. :happydance: Seems a reasonable price I guess.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,823 Posts
So I should do the Brenspeed option? I think it would be a good choice. They offer free tunes later if you buy from them. I just wanna make a great choice and get a little blast. :happydance: Seems a reasonable price I guess.
You bet... I've run Brenspeed tunes at various times over the last 3 years. There's not a better tuner out there. And the JLT II is a great intake. My favorite so far (and I've run 3).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, sweet!

I kinda go with my gut and Brenspeed seems like the one. Gotta wait for cash from Uncle Sam. Stimulation..........

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You bet... I've run Brenspeed tunes at various times over the last 3 years. There's not a better tuner out there. And the JLT II is a great intake. My favorite so far (and I've run 3).
My guy at the perfomance shop is recommending the C&L intake. What do you think about that one ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is so good to hear

You won't be disappointed.
Whe I get the cash I will let you know the outcome. Thanks sooooo much for the input.:wavey

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Mark

Your Mustang is totally awesomme! Love it! Brenspeed it is. :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.