Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im in college for becoming an automtive technician and i took my 1988 Mustang to the shop for some of the boys to work on her.
They were suppose to get it to pass emissions, do an oil change and put new rotors, bearings and pads on the front. I COULD do the brakes and oil but i jus figured why deal with it when i can have them do it...bad idea

Heres where it gets good, THEY BROKE MY BABY. I get a call about 8am this morning and they say, well we took your car out for a test drive and the bearings seazed up, so we need to put new spindles on and thats gonna be an extra 160 + new bearings. They are making me pay for there **** up. So i have to pay 200+ and then have it towed for 45.00 and then get it to pass emissions. So im looking at at least 250 EXTRA because they broke my car, what i dont understand is how they mess up a brake job, i could do brakes when i was in 6th grade and oil since before i remember. I hate idiots, they just caused me to not have my car out at least another 2 weeks.:banghead:

dont let anybody touch your baby. I cant believe i did, wont ever do that again. Well im going to go get my car now, go crush some heads while i do it.

Thats about it, just needed to vent. Thanks...

·
Registered
37 Posts
they should pay for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they wont though cause its a learning center or somthing. i signed a waiver so they would work on it and that was in there. i just figured they could do brakes because anybody can figure out brakes. whatever. **** them.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Damn. When I was in college for this, I treated every car like it was my own, I wouldn't do a job for others that I wouldn't do for myself. I wouldn't even let them help tow it since they can't even install bearings... they must've put them in dry or something.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
They probably put too much preload on the bearings when they tightened the spindle shaft nut. Then when they drove it the bearings overheated and failed.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
If you want something done right..........

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you want something done right..........

.....you gotta do it your self lol....nice masshole...as far as that sucks man..sry bout that

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think there is a community college here in NC that does stuff like that on cars but wont sell them to anyone because students work on them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Just another reason why nobody works on my car but me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i know horrible decision on my part.
the thing that REALLY gets me is the kid that was working on my car has the SAME CAR. But i will never let anybody touch her again.

i should just do the 5 lug conversion while its torn apart:gringreen but i cant cause i only have around 300 left.

at least i learned a lesson, i guess, dont let anyone work on your car, do it urself if you want it done right. good stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow, i prolly would have had to choke somebody. i still yell at one of my friends everyday bc he was in my car when we hit a ditch and i tell him its his fault.

·
Registered
468 Posts
old lesson do it your self, and every job can be a nightmare, just ask masshole, new u/l intake just from a thermostate change... opps.

·
Registered
1994 Black on Black Cobra
104 Posts
You said the kid that messed your car up had a car like yours. You could tell him that you will just take his bearings, and he can put your broke a** ones that he put in your car back into his car! I'M FOR REAL TOO!!
Man that really sucks !!!! Hate to hear that happened to you.

·
Banned
641 Posts
old lesson do it your self, and every job can be a nightmare, just ask masshole, new u/l intake just from a thermostate change... opps.
:headscratch:That's only if you know how and have the right tools for the job. Otherwise one can do more harm than good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
okay well i have some good news. i canceled the spindles cause they were 160 a pair from a salvage yard and i got a pair thats sandblasted for 50$ from my neighbor, hes got a 91 i think?(thats a hell of alot faster than mine) i know they will work. oh and i got rotors from him so for 80 bucks i got spindles and rotors where if i would have gotten the spindles from the salvage yard it would be 160 + another 80 for the rotors. so im puttin new ball joints on and new bearings and all that good stuff. and with the money i saved im buying the B&M Ripper Short throw:bigthumbsup for 100$ nice! hope i can have her back out tearin up the streets punkin stupid ricers by the weekend.

·
Banned
641 Posts
okay well i have some good news. i canceled the spindles cause they were 160 a pair from a salvage yard and i got a pair thats sandblasted for 50$ from my neighbor, hes got a 91 i think?(thats a hell of alot faster than mine) i know they will work. oh and i got rotors from him so for 80 bucks i got spindles and rotors where if i would have gotten the spindles from the salvage yard it would be 160 + another 80 for the rotors. so im puttin new ball joints on and new bearings and all that good stuff. and with the money i saved im buying the B&M Ripper Short throw:bigthumbsup for 100$ nice! hope i can have her back out tearin up the streets punkin stupid ricers by the weekend.
All you need is a big block with auto trans to beat the rice a roni's.:wavey

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.