Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on ordering the Tokico D-specs from American Muscle since they are on sale and get another 10% off, today is the last day by the way. It says they will not fit a 2011+ Mustang but I know people have used them. Just to be certain, will they fit a 2013 with the GT-500 upper strut mounts that American Muscle also sells? Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
They will fit 2011+ cars fine as long as you have the compatible strut mounts/hats (like the GT500 mounts you linked).

The bottom parts haven't changed (at least till 2015).

I'd recommend you look into replacing the strut mount lower bolts also - these are debated as one time use and frankly I've had no noise or fettering issues with my front install (knock on wood) replacing these bolts so your mmv.

Strut to spindle mounting hardware kit, 2005+ Mustang [MMF-3] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

·
Registered
997 Posts
+1 on them working with the GT500 strut mounts. Swapping in the mounts allow us to use basically any '05-'10 struts, and the rear shocks are the same from '05 to current. I'm running Strange 10-way adjustables in mine with the GT500 mounts.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I am about to pull the trigger on ordering the Tokico D-specs from American Muscle since they are on sale and get another 10% off, today is the last day by the way. It says they will not fit a 2011+ Mustang but I know people have used them. Just to be certain, will they fit a 2013 with the GT-500 upper strut mounts that American Muscle also sells? Thanks.
cdog1157,

Yes, these will fit the 11+ with some sort of Strut Mount upgrade. We say they don't fit with the stock equipment. I'm going to have a technical note added to the description!

I highly recommend the D-Specs, their damping specific adjustable struts and shocks that utilize a unique variable-aperture bypass, which is controlled by an adjustable slide valve. Which results in ultimate handling and can be adjusted to you're personal liking!

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have the same (2005-2010) Tokico D-Specs on my 2012 GT, I just installed a pair of GT500 upper strut mounts along with them.

Trust me, you will tear up the stock '13 upper strut mounts getting them out anyway. They are junk and they seperate, letting the ball bearings fall all over the garage. The GT500s are much more substantial and are a really nice upgrade over stock.

I didn't have any issue threading in the bolts that hold the ABS sensors to each strut.

It seems a lot of people aren't aware that the upper strut mounts are considered a wear item on the '05+ Mustangs. Just like wheel bearings and tie rod ends, they may need periodic replacement even with normal use.

·
Registered
417 Posts
cdog1157,

Yes, these will fit the 11+ with some sort of Strut Mount upgrade. We say they don't fit with the stock equipment. I'm going to have a technical note added to the description!

I highly recommend the D-Specs, their damping specific adjustable struts and shocks that utilize a unique variable-aperture bypass, which is controlled by an adjustable slide valve. Which results in ultimate handling and can be adjusted to you're personal liking!

- Dan
They will only fit with the 2010 GT500 strut mounts though. Correct? They will not work with the Steeda HD Strut Mounts. Is this also correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cdog1157,

- Dan
Thanks alot, too good a deal to pass up so I ordered them this morning.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Reviving an older but relevant thread to my question ... it seems that the Steeda site lists D-specs for pre-2011/and GT500's AND D-Specs for 2011+ now.

Is there an advantage of one over the other? Can you use the older ones with GT500 mounts, or the new one designed to fit 2011's? If I would need to replace the strut mounts anyway ... the GT500 mounts are reasonably priced (the Steeda mounts are $350 a pair ... wow).

Any advice here? I am thinking of doing this this month?

Also - any advice on the Ford Racing adjustables compared to these? Someone told me they were the same but that was not my understanding. The FR set is considerably more expensive.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts