Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our service for Christmas was tonight and we all left the sanctuary with a humble heart and the goodwill stuff etc. Went from the hall to the parking lot and My wife and I drove away.

My son and his girlfriend were behind us (they drove separately) as we left the church and this is what they heard that we did not hear:

"Man ! look ! There's one of those Mustangs. OOOhhh! look at those turn signals.... Oh My Look at the Mustang it sure sounds good. Ah man, it is so cool..." et cetera, et cetera

When they came to our house for Chili and gift opening they told me what everyone was talking about as they left the Church. He said no bones about it, everyone got all excited and went on and on about it. I said no way, not everyone, and his girlfriend said , oh yeah it was everyone that was coming out of the Church and around the parking lot when we left.

Thank you Ford for making me feel good about making the right decision to buy ANOTHER Mustang and not a GTO.

Oh! And another tag here...As my wife and I were walking in...we received three major comments from people too. My Church is darn big and I didn't know any of these people so it wasn't just "nice car Russ" 'cause they knew me.

Rustang

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Our service for Christmas was tonight and we all left the sanctuary with a humble heart and the goodwill stuff etc. Went from the hall to the parking lot and My wife and I drove away.

My son and his girlfriend were behind us (they drove separately) as we left the church and this is what they heard that we did not hear:

"Man ! look ! There's one of those Mustangs. OOOhhh! look at those turn signals.... Oh My Look at the Mustang it sure sounds good. Ah man, it is so cool..." et cetera, et cetera

When they came to our house for Chili and gift opening they told me what everyone was talking about as they left the Church. He said no bones about it, everyone got all excited and went on and on about it. I said no way, not everyone, and his girlfriend said , oh yeah it was everyone that was coming out of the Church and around the parking lot when we left.

Thank you Ford for making me feel good about making the right decision to buy ANOTHER Mustang and not a GTO.

Oh! And another tag here...As my wife and I were walking in...we received three major comments from people too. My Church is darn big and I didn't know any of these people so it wasn't just "nice car Russ" 'cause they knew me.

Rustang
Coolness, makes me want to cry. :drink: :weeps

·
Registered
713 Posts
merry christmas...i hope you prayed for the rest of us who are still waiting for our new babies!...we want to be cool , too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha welcome to the cool group.

I love the attention this car gets...probably as much as showing up in a brand new Ferrari.

N

·
0 Posts
whoa easy nick lets not get crazy now...maybe as much as a new vette though:winks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well...

Nick85 said:
Haha welcome to the cool group.

I love the attention this car gets...probably as much as showing up in a brand new Ferrari.
...see, at my church a new Ferrari would just cause people to think I was excessive, but a Mustang is just right!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
DrDoom said:
...see, at my church a new Ferrari would just cause people to think I was excessive, but a Mustang is just right!!!
Exactamundo, Good Doctor...right on target. The Pony is and always has been about Power To The People. Whenever I see the sticker on some of these high-end sports cars, my first thought is "Man, I could buy 4 Stangers for that price." But that would be excessive, practically polygamous. If one "sends a message" through the procuring of an automobile, I would say the message we Mustang owners send is: I treasure things classic, but not at the expense of the REALLY important stuff. If your car payment is so high you can't tithe or put food on your family's table, somethin' ain't right. Good post, bro...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well...

zregime said:
Exactamundo, Good Doctor...right on target. The Pony is and always has been about Power To The People. Whenever I see the sticker on some of these high-end sports cars, my first thought is "Man, I could buy 4 Stangers for that price." But that would be excessive, practically polygamous. If one "sends a message" through the procuring of an automobile, I would say the message we Mustang owners send is: I treasure things classic, but not at the expense of the REALLY important stuff. If your car payment is so high you can't tithe or put food on your family's table, somethin' ain't right. Good post, bro...
...I just meant that there's no reason to drive a Ferrari in my life. I honestly believe that if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd just buy stuff for Jessica to make her a better ride. I wouldn't go out and spend a quarter million on a new car. Although I might buy a nicer pickup.:cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Coolness, makes me want to cry. :drink: :weeps
hahaha.....you guys make me smile.....its good to know i'm not the only one crazy about my mustang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts