Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,
I just wanted to share this neat little experience with you. Now, for the record, I am not an engineer or an expert in this area, but here goes. Today I took My Girl out for ride, taking the wife and 4-yr old daughter with me. I was crossing a bridge and had to step on the gas (you know, getting 10 mpg) to get clear of the traffic, and my daughter says "Whoooah....we are going Superspeed!" Now, I do not knw how fast "Superspeed" is, but aint it cool my 4-yr old daughter likes to go "superspeed" in my Stang. What a lucky man I am, I have My Girl...the Stang, a great wife and a daughter who likes to go Superspeed! :kooky:

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
My four year old calls my GT the "racecar". She'll be the speed demon. When driving she's always letting me know how fast I'm driving. While watching the Indy 500 this year she stated she wanted one of "those cars" 'cause they were fast.:thumbup

·
Registered
269 Posts
I put a "Yeah, it's got a hemi" bumper sticker on my daughters wagon:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
And if you're re really lucky when your daughter grows up she'll buy you SLP loudmouth's for your GT like my daughter did for me.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My four year old daughter calls it the Horsie car, or the Vroom Vroom car. she likes to ride in it sometimes, but usually she wants to take the minivan so she can watch dvds. :sosad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
that's awesome...and thats how it starts...fast cars and faster boys....hehehehehe

·
Registered
153 Posts
My nine year old was with me the other day when a chevy 1500 tried me. Since it wasn't much of a race, I obliged (usually won't with her in the car). Anyway, after I put him in his place, I looked over and her eyes were about to bug out of her head. I asked what was wrong and she said, "this car might as well be a jet!" I thought that was pretty funny.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to further my point

Furthermore, when my daughter does ride in the GT Vert with me, she like to raise her hands and tell me we are going on a roller coaster ride. Which is funny, because I almost never push those 300 ponies with her in the car. I have done so twice now, once I pulled out from a blind intersection, and actually smoked the tires (with the TCS on) and had to let off the gas before the tires would be shot. She thought that was a blast. Now with her new word of Superspeed, I think I may have the next "Penelope Pitsop" race car driver. She also likes to drive in the Stang "with the top open" as she says. She says the wind tickles her face. I guess she is my (and my Stang's) biggest fan. :winks

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 10-year old daughter thinks mom has a cool car, and we pick out all the uncool cars along the way. She sits next to me and directs me to pass, even when it would NOT be in my best interest. Maybe she thinks I have superpowers and can make it fly over cars in the lane next to me. She's also already been informed she will NEVER drive it, no matter how old she is.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Almost everyday when my 11 year old daughter, wife and I have dinner together, my daughter will ask me, "Are you going to take the Mustang out tonight???"... "Can I come with you???"

Even if I'm just going to get gas or running to the health club, my girl has become wild about riding in this car... (Go Figure!!!)

Sometimes she will even tell her mother, "I'd rather ride with Daddy" than ride in her mother's car...

I'm Luckier Than Heck... Dave :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't have kids, but my wife's comment on her first ride in the GT (while looking a bit green around the gills) was

"When do the oxygen masks drop from the cieling??!!"

I had just whipped into a parking lot at a fair speed. It's still my favorite comment I've recieved. I guess my driving's like a plane crash??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Kids do love Ponies!

I'm still amazed how many minivan loads of kids smush their noses up against the glass and WAVE like crazy when I pass them. Haha, I was daydreaming one day, not really paying attention to my audience, and the kids in the SUV beside me jumped up between the front seat and convinced Mom to blow the horn to get me to wave back. Scared the crap outta me, but I waved back!! :laughlitt

Hubby pulled up beside a boring pickup truck last weekend with about a 6 year old boy in its passenger seat. Poor kid looked bored to death or mad about something - big frowney.:handball: When he discovered the Stang next to him, his face lit up, he rolled the window down and just beamed a big ole smile at us and started talking to us. We asked his daddy if he wanted to race, LOL, and we tapped it a little as the light turned green. I smell a future Stang owner...

Then a young couple with a toddler came over to look at my Jeep for sale. The entire time they were there, the kid *did not stop* looking at the Stang. I'll bet she has Screaming Yellow burned into her retinas by now. Her mommy said "we'll take THAT one instead", pointing to my Stang, haha. Sorry, that one's not for sale...

Every time we go to Walmart, we see the little ones being dragged by the hand, walking sideways and then backwards to get that last glimpse of "ooooh Mommy, preeetty.."

Just doing my part to insure future sales :wavey

·
Registered
69 Posts
you guys are lucky ... my 5-year old has played too much Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit and is always telling me to slow down so we don't get "busted" ... LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 21 y/o daughter is mad because I got a 5 speed and she cant drive a stick! :evillol:

And I am not rushing to teach her either! :tongue

Jeff
--------------------------------
2005 GT Mustang
Windveil Blue
Light Graphite Leather
5 Speed
Shaker 1000
Painted Side Mirrors
Dark Tinted Windows
Upgraded Aluminun Wheels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts