Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need honest opinions on the ford racing FR1 power upgrade packs and the FR3 handeling packs. Go or no-go :headscratch:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Look around the forum, you can get more for less money.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Definetly pass on the power pack!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I hae the power pack on my v6. I think it helped acceleration noticealby. You can build your own and maybe come out a little cheaper but not by much for the exhaust especially if you got a v6, and CAI. The only negative thing i have against the power pack is the tuner. It has one tune plus the stock tune, I much rather would have the diablo sport or SCT2. The price on the site said 1300 when i looked into it, I actually got it for 875. If you call around you can find a good deal on it. Overall I would reccomend it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
One thing that's a plus with Ford's power pack is that Ford won't give you grief when you're in for warranty work.

As a matter of fact, Ford Racing Parts are covered by a Ford warranty.

Before anyone goes and "poo poos" this, take a good look at mod threads and just see how many members here "restore" their cars to stock or "reload" their factory tunes before going in for service.

Seems to me that if aftermarket is okay in all situations with the dealerships, you wouldn't need to do such a thing.

Can you get better numbers and better prices outside Ford?

Hell yes, but there's no dealership hassle's when dealing with warranty approved upgrades.

Just my 2¢ :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.