Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting for what seemed forever, the opportunity finally came for me and my stang to hit the track. This was only my second time at the track, and the first time with a v8 5 speed car!!! It was a blast to say the least... paid ten bucks and ran all nite...ended up with 13 passes all together. It was an 1/8th mile track. My first pass i killed it on the launch...:so... no joke... I learned alot about the car...it doesn't hook... at all... and i need to rebuild my tranny... But all in all it was a great time!!! for ten bucks i'll def be going back! only prob is its a solid hour away.... no biggie tho! I fiigured i'd sho the best of my stuff....

r/t: .5042 and my worst was .8451
60 foot: 2.4 worst was 5.02(thats when i killed it at the starting line!)
e/t: 9.75 with almost everything else between 10-10.3

So my cars not the fastest...but it did ok for a mostly stock fox... i need more seat time...and more mods! lol just figured i'd share...i'm stoked!!! lol :bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
The most important thing you had fun & didn't break anything...

Seat time is the key to sucess......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Congrats on a successful outing!!:bigthumbsup

Reggie is right, it takes seat time!

Keep after that 60' time!!:bigthumbsup

(Beat you to the 60' this time Reggie!:gringreen)

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Most important right now is getting seat time. That way you'll get more comfortable and then you can start working on technique.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah it was the coles county drag way in illinois... and there will be plenty more seat time for me... it was amazing how i consequetively got slower as the night went on...:headscratch: lol and i ran my best time without doing a burnout...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
On street tires you will usually run better without doing a burnout. When you roast a set of tires that you've been driving on the street everyday, it brings all the oils that the tire has soaked up back to the surface and will actually give you less traction. Not to mention that burnouts on your street tires all the time will get you a fix-it ticket before long.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow...$10 for the night? I am lucky to get 3 passes for $30 :madas:

Keep us posted with your car. Good to hear you had a blast----that's what it's about :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I was even going there this time....

he is still new.....

didn't want to scare him.......:gringreen
Well with my big old heavy car I figured this is the only place I could beat you to the 60'!!:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yep, I know a 1.4 60' ain't much for you!!

Richard has a Fox with a Vortec on it and some spray. Runs it in street classes when his SSO car is down.

He told me to get ready, the next Strictly Street race he was gonna show me what a 1.38 60' looked like!

I said "Well about the 330 mark do me a favor, look at my exhaust I think I have a tip hanging lower then the other"!!:gringreen:gringreen

R

·
0 Posts
Yep, I know a 1.4 60' ain't much for you!!

Richard has a Fox with a Vortec on it and some spray. Runs it in street classes when his SSO car is down.

He told me to get ready, the next Strictly Street race he was gonna show me what a 1.38 60' looked like!

I said "Well about the 330 mark do me a favor, look at my exhaust I think I have a tip hanging lower then the other"!!:gringreen:gringreen
my 60' are in the mid 1.40's but i know why....

darn thing wanting to drag the bumper....

went i finally get the suspension set i should be down in the 1.30's

then i will close enough to ol' blue to see the laundry tossed......:gringreen

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Get some more practice and your times will drop.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
my 60' are in the mid 1.40's but i know why....

darn thing wanting to drag the bumper....

went i finally get the suspension set i should be down in the 1.30's

then i will close enough to ol' blue to see the laundry tossed......:gringreen
Then I'm guessing that my 1.39 60's are pretty good with little wheelstand?:hihi:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
yep thats why......

it a known fact the finish-line is.....

This way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not this way^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Speaking of since this post was just brought back out:gringreen I was at the track yesterday in Joliet NMRA vs. ? (don't recall letters!)

There was a 2.3L Turbo Mustang that can I say REPRESENTING!!!:gringreen This guy was running the first 60' on two wheels and turning 9. teens!:happyhapp This car was baaad! I'll post a video later when I'm done working!:hihi::hihi: He was running True Street Class.

R

·
0 Posts
Speaking of since this post was just brought back out:gringreen I was at the track yesterday in Joliet NMRA vs. ? (don't recall letters!)

There was a 2.3L Turbo Mustang that can I say REPRESENTING!!!:gringreen This guy was running the first 60' on two wheels and turning 9. teens!:happyhapp This car was baaad! I'll post a video later when I'm done working!:hihi::hihi: He was running True Street Class.
i saw that car at orlando speed world that thing is sick.....:happyhapp

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.