Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I went to the track for the VERY FIRST TIME last night... Yes, I finally convinced the Mrs. to let me go... I told her you guys were putting so much pressure on me I just had to go! LOL! Ok... so I told her I was not going to drive.. that was part of the deal... So I went to the track with Lidio and let him drive the car... Now that she see nothing happened I'll work on getting behind the wheel myself! LOL!

So now for some numbers....

60' = 2.146
1/8 = 9.525
1/8 MPH = 73.26
1/4 = 14.922
1/4 MPH = 90.43

We were pretty happy with the car's performance! Not bad for it's first time out... it was a Test & Tune night so lots of difference cars out there... I was watching some of the other car's run.. I was faster than a lot of the older stock v8 cars.. Acutally on this run Lidio was along side of a late model Z28... My car actually stay quite close... he finished with a 14.462...

So all in all a good night...

've uploaded some videos from last night. They are about 1.2MB.

Notice the Late Model Z28 that my car is up against... Gave him a run for his money! LOL!

Here's my car: scrming

And Lidio's GT: Lidio

M

·
0 Posts
Wow impressive. I was wondering what those 06s would do. I was thinking 15 flat so i was close. Some gears and exhaust and u will have a mid 14 second car there. Maybe a tune, some pulleys and some really really good driving u might hit a 13.9!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mbhmustang1998 said:
Wow impressive. I was wondering what those 06s would do. I was thinking 15 flat so i was close. Some gears and exhaust and u will have a mid 14 second car there. Maybe a tune, some pulleys and some really really good driving u might hit a 13.9!
Thanks...

Guess I need to make up a new sig with my mods... Car and Driver has the car's 1/4 listed as 15.3.

I've already got CAI,muffler, Tune, 4.10s and T-Lok... I do also have oversized tires.. (28.5 OD vs stock 27 inch).... so 14.9s are going to be where I'm at for now... until we go with some type of forced induction this winter... LOL!

M

·
0 Posts
fishingjts said:
Thanks...

Guess I need to make up a new sig with my mods... Car and Driver has the car's 1/4 listed as 15.3.

I've already got CAI,muffler, Tune, 4.10s and T-Lok... I do also have oversized tires.. (28.5 OD vs stock 27 inch).... so 14.9s are going to be where I'm at for now... until we go with some type of forced induction this winter... LOL!

Still good man. I thought the times were bone stock tho! lol. I ran 15.3 stock as well. Isyours a 5 speed?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mbhmustang1998 said:
Still good man. I thought the times were bone stock tho! lol. I ran 15.3 stock as well. Isyours a 5 speed?
I've got the automatic... (which is also now a 5 speed... LOL)

M

·
0 Posts
fishingjts said:
I've got the automatic... (which is also now a 5 speed... LOL)

Thats cool. Those v6s are nearly as fast as mine even auto! lol. Altho i have no gears yet, once i add gears in the cool air ill have low 14's i hope.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mbhmustang1998 said:
Thats cool. Those v6s are nearly as fast as mine even auto! lol. Altho i have no gears yet, once i add gears in the cool air ill have low 14's i hope.
Yeah... there was a 94-98 GT there last night... best time they could post was a 5.11... I've surprised more than a couple older V8 cars on the street... LOL

·
Registered
435 Posts
What did that other guy do to his GT? Wow. I couldn't believe how well he hooked up, then pulled an 11.9! What were his mods?:worship

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very cool!:thumbsup I love the drag strip!! Haven't taken mine there yet.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crazy001 said:
What did that other guy do to his GT? Wow. I couldn't believe how well he hooked up, then pulled an 11.9! What were his mods?:worship
Lidio is DA MAN! LOL! You can check his shop at www.alternativeauto.com

His GT has a Vortech S/C, new Torque convertor and I think he changed out the rear gears... Not sure what else... but I think that's it...

M

·
0 Posts
fishingjts said:
Yeah... there was a 94-98 GT there last night... best time they could post was a 5.11... I've surprised more than a couple older V8 cars on the street... LOL
I bet so since u are modded. A stock 96-98 GT 5 speed should hit 14.9 but autos like mine run like 15.3. I am a tad bit faster then ya tho;) I should do better next month when its alot cooler.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mbhmustang1998 said:
I bet so since u are modded. A stock 96-98 GT 5 speed should hit 14.9 but autos like mine run like 15.3. I am a tad bit faster then ya tho;) I should do better next month when its alot cooler.
yeah... i'm thinking i'm going to have to go back in September on a nice cool night... LOL! I was also running an 89 octane tune... I've got a 93 octane tune but haven't been running it since the gas prices went up so much... Wonder if the 93 tune would make any difference in the 1/4????

M

·
0 Posts
fishingjts said:
yeah... i'm thinking i'm going to have to go back in September on a nice cool night... LOL! I was also running an 89 octane tune... I've got a 93 octane tune but haven't been running it since the gas prices went up so much... Wonder if the 93 tune would make any difference in the 1/4????

Well if u got a 93 octane tune then they bumped your timing up which resorts in more horses. My tune is also a 93 altho i can switch back to a 87 tune but since i dont drive it daily i leave it on 93. U should hit a 14.8 or high 14.7 when u go back in the cooler air. Do you know the altitude of the track u run at?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts