Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at the paint shop having the hood and wing installed! After that it's off the the mod shop to have the cams, xpipe, and gears intalled. I'll post before and afters!:kooky:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JBA x and 373's I've had 4.10's they are nice for the strip but I haven't raced in years so I got the 3.73's. Any things better than the 3.31's I have now! LOL!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$200 I think is what he said. Im having cams gears xpipe and springs all done at the sametime. It was around $800.00 for everything.

·
Registered
231 Posts
would you mind explaining how the process of swapping cams works and what parts/expenses go into it please?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would you mind explaining how the process of swapping cams works and what parts/expenses go into it please?
Well for me it was picking the cams I liked and then finding a place to install them. Ford hot rod cams are the cams I went with. $730.00 for the cams and $500.00 to install. There are a lot of cams to choose from. It all depends on what you are doing with the car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well for me it was picking the cams I liked and then finding a place to install them. Ford hot rod cams are the cams I went with. $730.00 for the cams and $500.00 to install. There are a lot of cams to choose from. It all depends on what you are doing with the car.
Well as of right now, I only have a cia, headers, full exhaust, and am running nitrous. My future plans include sct tuner, 4.10 gears, s/c. Obviously its going to take a lot of time and money for all the extras, but in the mean time I was thinking of looking into cams but don't know where to start.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My gears were $370 to install at a ford dealer but I had to flash tune it myself also they did my headers out at the same time cost me about $800 alltogether although they didnt exactly know what to charge for the long tubes but they stuck to their original estimate needless to say they'll prob charge more in the future lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as of right now, I only have a cia, headers, full exhaust, and am running nitrous. My future plans include sct tuner, 4.10 gears, s/c. Obviously its going to take a lot of time and money for all the extras, but in the mean time I was thinking of looking into cams but don't know where to start.
how ya like the zex kit? I was thinking about geting it if I ever go to the strip again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts