Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes indeed, I finally broke down and took the stang in for an oil change...yes, it is only her second oil change. Yes, I am aware that oil can and will break down by itself, but since the car has not been driven but maybe 500 miles inthe last 2 years, I was not overly concerned. Although, I am going to make it a point to get an oil change every 5-6 months (I use full synthetic) regardless of how much ( or more to the point, how little) mileage goes on the car.

While there, I was having a good old time. All the guys there at the oil change shop know me. So they were all drooling over my car. It is the first time I have seen 2-3 guys in the pit underneath my car at one time...they all wanted to see the suspension and see how clean it was. I had 5 guys fussing over my car.

Then something cool happened....the manager asked if he could take a pic of my car and use it as advertsing on a brochure they were going to print up. Of course, since it did not involve a parade (bad parades), I jumped at the offer and said, heck yeah. So now it looks like my car will be the face of this Car Wash/Oil change place (a rather well known place in my area).

Then when I was leaving, there was an older guy washing his very pretty Vista Blue (I think that is the darker Shelby like blue) 2006 Mustang GT coupe. So I pulled over and chatted with him for a few minutes. It was all good fun. Since the shop upgraded my free car wash to a delux wash....I used that wash on my truck (as if I would let a machine wash my car).

One of the funny moments is that my 8 year old daughter was with me. She is a real trooper...she sat patiently in the front seat of the Mustang while I did the guy thing and talk with the other guys about my car. She never complained or whined, or anything, she just sat there watching her dear old dad being a guy. Love that girl!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have just figured out how the enemy could extract information from Eric....

Instead of waterboarding, they could tie him to a chair and make him watch his car go through an automatic car wash.....:happyhapp

·
Registered
11 Posts
but since the car has not been driven but maybe 500 miles inthe last 2 years, I was not overly concerned. !

cool story, I'm just happy to see someone drive there car less than I do. makes me feel less odd I guess :bigthumbsup

I got a 2007 black coupe, bought it in August of 07 and only have about 6500 miles on it

p.s., how hard was it to put on the agent 47 mirrors? (sorry for the derail, just curious)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have just figured out how the enemy could extract information from Eric....

Instead of waterboarding, they could tie him to a chair and make him watch his car go through an automatic car wash.....:happyhapp
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Another gem from the keyboard of FuzzyDice

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
she sat patiently in the front seat of the Mustang while I did the guy thing and talk with the other guys about my car. She never complained or whined, or anything, she just sat there watching her dear old dad being a guy. Love that girl!
She was stylin and profilin. My daughter would do about the same thing. When I'd use the van to take her to school (she was 14, other dads know what that means... they don't want to be seen with you), she'd be normal. Take her in my car, she'd be hanging out the window talking at her friends. I guess it wasn't so bad riding with me in my car. :so

·
Registered
191 Posts
Koool story man

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Nice Eric! Pays off to have a Pony people appreciate.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Congrats on the ad. You'll have to post a copy of the ad. So what did the great dad do for his great daughter after she was so good and let you BS with the guys?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
My daughter is 4 1/2 now and I've been taking her with me almost every weekend to get my various cars washed over the years. For about the last year and a half, she's been able to recognize my car and yells out "Daddy, it's your car!" when they pull it out from the back. It's pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
the manager asked if he could take a pic of my car and use it as advertsing on a brochure they were going to print up.!
That brochure will just be for a local firm, won't it? I've been showing people pics of your car (taken from AFM) and telling them it was my Mustang. A national brochure or advertising campaign could expose my prevarications.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That brochure will just be for a local firm, won't it? I've been showing people pics of your car (taken from AFM) and telling them it was my Mustang. A national brochure or advertising campaign could expose my prevarications.

Ha ha ha....that is funny. But why would you say MY car is yours when YOUR car blows mine out of the water?:scratchchin

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Ha ha ha....that is funny. But why would you say MY car is yours when YOUR car blows mine out of the water?:scratchchin
because he is jealous that you have driven it enough miles to warrent not just 1 but TWO oil changes:bigthumbsup

btw, i want a copy of that brochure:wavey

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Awesome day :bigthumbsup Makes you proud and you should be your stang is sweet :gringreen :wavey

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you show one of the best pics (the one in the winners circle) how do you explain the handsome devil driving the car?:D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
How do you explain the handsome devil driving the car in the pictures?
Why, he's my chauffeur, of course!
So I can ride sitting up in the back during parades.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Your lucky. My second oil change on my GT resulted in needed a new windshield thanks to a rock on way home.

(Congrats)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
re: The Mileage Thing. Mine's an '05 GT vert w/7782 miles. Might need to post it in the classifieds soon to extricate self from mounting debt........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.