Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What top speed have you gotten your 05' Mustang to??

Myself, 135-140 on open strectch, no traffic, beggin for more.:kooky:

·
Registered
886 Posts

I shifted into a leisurely 5th at 115 racing a couple youngns in an Acura 3.2tl. Might have been through curves on a 4lane. Might have been at 5pm. Might have started in traffic. I'll never tell. had NO clue I was going that fast. immediately backed out, i'd already trounced them.

I haven't found enough clear road to really wind it up yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had it up to 140 on open hiway ... was hoping to reach the limiter, but ran out of road (ie: traffic) ... it sure does take a long time to get back to 75 when coasting down from 140 !!!!

Anyone else notice that when you get her running and put it in neutral this car will roll/coast a long way?

·
Registered
11 Posts
TSMagnum said:
What top speed have you gotten your 05' Mustang to??

Myself, 135-140 on open strectch, no traffic, beggin for more.:kooky:
Had her up to 120 on open road, hope toget up close to 140 one day, can't afford the ticket though :laughlitt

·
Registered
435 Posts
Be sure to be careful, though. An accident at 140, and there wouldn't be enough left of you to fill a shoe box!:handball:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Metric numbers!

230 Klicks...between 135 and 140
Paul

·
Registered
360 Posts
65...driving to Tennessee next week though...could get it up to 70 there.:hihi:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lol

The 05's will do way over 125, with the limiter the v6 will do 115, w/o it it will do around 130-140 with enough road! The GT will do over 140 with the limiter, i think it is 147 limited though. Hate to break it to you!!!!!

LOL

That is if you were serious with that stupid comment!, if not LOL

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

I GOT YOU ALLLLLLL!!!!!

Relax Just having a little fun with you 05ers!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ha Ha H....

well ok then the 04s wont do over 45!! LOL

·
Registered
269 Posts
135 and climbing...but then a semi went by in the opposite direction and with the turbulence from that the hood looked like it was going to fly off and the car felt like it was on marbles:happyhapp , I thought while this is an awfully well built car I don't know if it's nice enough to risk 140 +. Suffice to say it's got more top end than I will ever use:kooky: .

·
Registered
435 Posts
heywup1231 said:
Nos 05 gt, replaced the pistons, gaskets and everything 3k total:smilie got it up to 170 near denver
Yeah right.:nogrinner

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

open road on the way to work on a cool morning. it doesn't take long. 4th gear to 120 and shift into fifth. it doesn't even feel like 120. My wife never realised we were doing 100 mph the other day. she had her head down reading something, and I inched the speedo up in 5th gear. looked over at her and she was none the wiser, till i told her and she was like "wow, it is so smooth".

I have also noticed the 05 will coast forever. I have gotten my MPG over 30 by coasting down a good size hill after gassing up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Top speed so far was 125 MPH, hood flapping all over. Redline in 3rd was just over 100 MPH. This thing is like a hot wheels car, coasts forever. I sometimes push in the clutch about 1/2 mile from my off ramp and have lost only 15 mph in speed. Great for the gas mileage, sucks if a cop is coming up from behind. I guess that is what the e-brake is for.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got up to 100mph twice on the freeway here, but ran into traffic. It didn't really feel that fast, since most everybody else was doing 80mph!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've gotton my 05 V6 to around 125-132. I hated that speed limiter!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I done about 140, speedo was pretty well buried. She kept crankin though!:hihi:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts