Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to get around some traffic this morning behind this 18 wheeler and the dic4head next to him keeping everyone at 45 mph in a 60mph zone. i take the exit/entrance ramp and had to wait on a couple of cars exiting. i've got it in 3rd at about 50 and nail it when they get out of the way. i'm pulling hard in the rt-hand merge lane and the highway has a slight curve to the left. i see the lead guy in some suv keeping everyone slowed down...by the time i passed him i could tell by the sound i was somewhere around 5500rpm. i quickly look down at the speedo and about $hit myself - 130!!.

my previous ride was a 99 Maxima and it took a great strech of road to get up to 130. that was all it had but it felt really confident at that speed. in this thing, 130 was ROCK solid. in the blink of an eye this thing hits warp speed.

this might just be too much car for my right foot as i'm a father of 1 with another on the way - still a little young and stupid at heart i guess. i am really impressed by and proud of this stang but not too proud of myself for getting caught up in the moment like that at this point in life.

thought i'd share...keep your head on and be safe

·
Registered
132 Posts
I haven't anywhere near that experience, but I know what you're talking about in being able to move out and get ahead. :happyhapp It's just nice to know that it's there when you need it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
yup yup ... this car is definitely rock solid at 100+. For me I get the biggest kick out of the acceleration and pull of 3rd & 4th gear ... its a blast to just shake loose at 50mph. If I weren't so worried about cops and other stupid drivers, I think I'd drive mine around at 120 all the time !!!

I hear ya about the kids, got a 5 year old and twins under 2. But as long as your smart and safe about where you open her up ... hopefully we'll all live to see our kids graduate and what-not.

Just remember tho ... at 120+ ... your air bags and 5-star crash ratings won't help too much.

·
Registered
359 Posts
These cars do not hold back at all, they let it all out when you romp on them.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
yeah yeah yeah, Itsa just a Mustang...

Cmon guys you arent making this wait very easy!!!

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Stoenr said:
yeah yeah yeah, Itsa just a Mustang...

Cmon guys you arent making this wait very easy!!!
Our shining hour is comming up...I can feel it.
That would have been a heck of a ticket, careful :eyepoppin

·
Registered
502 Posts
Major domo fun with me and Dixi tonight too and I hear you guys SOOO well...went from 50 to 80 in 3rd, dusting a Beemer (Dixi LOVES facin' Beemers) at top end to celebrate the Steeda CAI and XCal tune we got earlier in the day. My 6'5" son is riding shotgun, with my 5'11" wife and 6' daughter in the back seats :rollgrin: :rollgrin: clutching each other for dear life...

"My daddy said 'Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin'..."

WEE HAW!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
We live out in the country from town. When you get out of town the speed limit increases to 65 from 55 and it never fails there is sot that drives 50. Usually one of those blue haired folks looking THRU the steering wheel. Anyway, sure enough I come up behind this furnature truck doing 50. I check the oncoming traffic and find a slot to make my pass. Drop him into 3rd and romp on it. :naughty Pull out into the opposite direction lane and low and behold there are 5 cars in the slow line. I think YIKES! :shocked: and floor it. No sweat for Marcus. :strut He passes all with flying colors and speed to spare. 90 was enough to get passed the slow pokes and he was riding so true. Wow was he smooth and solid. :worship

Thanks Ford, nice job. :drink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts