Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, living in New York City means I have to inevitably deal with people hitting my bumper and chipping the paint.

I have a 2006 Torch Red GT. What kind of touch up paint would you guys recommend to detail little nicks and scratches on the paint?

Or, perhaps a better remedy, aside from keeping it covered (since I street park and drive it daily, that's not a totally viable option).

~Johnny Evil

·
Registered
241 Posts
I also have a Torch Red Mustang, and I used to live by NYC. And all my rock chips have come from NY as well, so I feel for ya.

I ordered touch up paint from:

http://paintscratch.com

It takes a bit of patience to get the finished product to be as smooth to the touch as the factory paint(I got the clearcoat also), but the color matches exactly in my opinion. It works better on smaller scratches and nicks. I had some chips down to the black, and they were more difficult to fill in all the way. I think with more applications and patience, I could get those looking better too. This system allows you to remove the touch up paint without affecting the factory paint at all. Good luck!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I just recently went to mylocal Ford dealer to buy touch up paint for my Black Mustang GT. It is a perfect match, becasue it came from Ford with their own paint code. The paint comes in a bottle that has a brush applicator and a ball point pen applicator. Ball point pen applicator works wellf or small chips, while the brush works well for the larger chips. I had filled in one chip on the fend and several on my chin spoiler. I recommedn going to your local Ford dealer to get an exact match touch up paint for your car. The cost was like around $11 for a small bottle.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I just recently went to mylocal Ford dealer to buy touch up paint for my Black Mustang GT. It is a perfect match, becasue it came from Ford with their own paint code. The paint comes in a bottle that has a brush applicator and a ball point pen applicator. Ball point pen applicator works wellf or small chips, while the brush works well for the larger chips. I had filled in one chip on the fend and several on my chin spoiler. I recommedn going to your local Ford dealer to get an exact match touch up paint for your car. The cost was like around $11 for a small bottle.
My salesman ordered it for me and I got if for free :gringreen

·
Registered
419 Posts
Touch Up Paints

Also, . . . Just an additional bit of info. Don't be alarmed if you can't find Torch Red Touch Up Paint

The 'Torch Red' color for the 2005+ Mustang is synonymous with the 'Colorado Red' on other Ford products.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are the best. I had already figured out that Torch Red was Colorado Red. Torch sounds better. That website looks promising, but I'll give my dealer a call first.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wtf!

Damn it, I just saw a bunch of fine scratches on the front passanger wheel well surface and they run to the beginging of the passanger door. :mad: It almost looks as if someone took sandpaper to her. I got the touch up paint from ford but what kind of preping needs to be done to the car before using this product. Also won't the paint run down since these are vertical areas. Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts