Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well my mustang has been having dying problems for the last month or so. Ive changed the iac, distributor and tfi module in the last couple weeks. They helped but it still dies when i come to a stop. The mechanic i had install the distributor, said it could be the torque converter solenoid because it was still happening and it was being caused by pressing on the brake. When i left to go home i pulled to a light, help the rpms and put it in park. It didnt die and idled perfectly which makes me believe it might actually be that. Has anyone had experience with the torque converter solenoid and bout how much it will cost to get replaced?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an AOD though, so will it still have it?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
As far as I know (someone verify), the AOD doesn't have the TCC, it has a converter lockup piston. The AODE from 1994 and up has the TCC. The AOD isn't controlled by a computer, so no TCC.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright well i went today and disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for like 20 mins. I put it back on and tightened both the negative and positive. The positive one sparked because i forgot to take the negative one out. (I know, i have minimal mechanical experience.) I go to fire it up and nothing. It just cranks but never fires. I make sure i didnt forget to plug anything back in or anything. I try to jump start it but still nothing. The lights and stuff still come on, so i dont think the battery is dead. I was wondering could ive messed it up when the positive terminal sparked? Mind you it started up yesterday just fine. ANy thoughts?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I hope you didn't fry the engine computer in the process.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it do that? I didnt spark for that long. I dont think it coulda reached the computer to fry it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts